Google play not updating apps after update to 4.4.2 on HTC One
RiteshL
Enthusiast - Level 2

Google play not updating apps after update to 4.4.2 on HTC ONE.. kindly suggest..

Re: Google play not updating apps after update to 4.4.2 on HTC One
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Are you getting a specific error? Have you tried clearing the cache and data for the Play Store rebooting the phone and trying to update the applications again?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

RiteshL
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ann154 Thanks, No specific Error but Downloading bar is moving however no actual download or update. I tried removing cache as well as data for Google Play, force stop of Google Play, did reboot (not hard reset), tried updating application lot many times, even uninstalled latest update of Google Play.

0 Likes
indyshox
Enthusiast - Level 2

Had the same problem as well.  The Sense 6 Update really messed with some Google Play functionality as well as MMS over wifi.  I partnered with HTC and did a bunch of troubleshooting with them. Clearing the cache and re-booting does nothing.  In the end, I had to perform a hard reset.  That restored Google Play Music streaming over wifi, picture back up over wifi to Google cloud, but NOT MMS over wifi.  Now HTC thinks I have to send my phone in.  Wish I had never downloaded the update.  Verizon...are you working on this problem?

0 Likes
RiteshL
Enthusiast - Level 2

indyshox I am going to fight with Verizon now. Its not allowing me to download any apps also. why the hell in this world they should allow such a blunder update???????????????????????

0 Likes
indyshox
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well, as I mentioned, a Hard Reset restored most functionality except MMS over WiFi. My case with HTC has been escalated and supposedly someone is supposed to call to try more troubleshooting.  I am not optimistic.  I really believe it's a software issue, so sending in the phone doesn't seem practical.  Anyway, I'm hoping this issue gains some traction and is addressed.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I have yet to see Verizon Wireless branded phone send an MMS message over the wifi network this includes the HTC One before the Sense 6 update that was recently released.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
indyshox
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've always been able to send MMS over WiFi using the HTC One.  Prior to this phone (OG Droid, Droid Bionic), I had an unlimited data plan.  But Verizon did away with them unless you paid the unlocked price for your next phone.  Anyway, since the HTC One allows you to turn off mobile data, I do that at home and simply connect to my home WiFi network.  Been working fine since last November until a week ago Monday and the Sense 6 update.  Perhaps your phone doesn't allow mobile data to be turned off.  In the end, though, this is now an extra  drain on my limited and expensive data plan.  Someone needs to fix this.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Droid Eris, HTC Aria (AT&T network), HTC Thunderbolt, Galaxy Nexus, Galaxy S4, and HTC One. All had the ability to turn off the mobile data. All of them required me to turn on the cellular data if I had it off to send a MMS message if though I had the wifi radio on.

Perhaps before you always left the cellular data on and it was just dormant while the wifi radio was on.

0 Likes
indyshox
Enthusiast - Level 2

Nope.  Mobile data was intentionally turned off to conserve my limited data plan.  MMS over WiFi worked.  In fact, I use the Llama app to ensure 4G mobile data gets turned off in case I forgot and MMS over WiFi always worked.

0 Likes