Got an email from HTC with tip to get update pushed/ htcsense.com/ gingerbread
Tboltaz
Contributor - Level 1

Got an e-mail back from HTC regarding gingerbread/ the MR2 update and the inability to sync with HTCsense.com...

Dear (removed),

We certainly understand your concerns with the device features and wanting to make sure the device is up to date. Unfortunately, there is no estimated date as to when an Android 2.3 (Gingerbread) may be released for the Thunderbolt

We can confirm, however, that the update for the rebooting issue has started the initial launch. This a staggered Over the Air (OTA) update, however, so you may not get immediately and we have no means to push the update to a specific unit.

You can attempt a device check in to see if available for your phone, if needed. Open the phone dialer and dial *#*#2432546#*#*. The number should then go blank and you will look for a notification on the status bar for “Check in succeeded.” You can then tap Menu while on the Home screen followed by Settings>System Updates. If unavailable at this time, we recommend waiting a week or so for the notification to show on your phone as staggered releases will take some time to get to everyone.

Also, the Thunderbolt itself does not support HTCSense.com website. Though the device does use the HTC Sense 2.0 user interface, the ability to sync with the website was removed at Verizon’s request. We have no means to determine if this will be added in the future or not.

We apologize for the inconvenience and will document your concerns. Feel free to contact us again should you have any further questions. If you feel more comfortable discussing issues by phone, you can contact Technical Support at 1-866-449-8358, 6 am to 1 am EST, 7 days a week.

To send a reply to this message or let me know I have successfully answered your question log in to our ContactUs site using your email address and your ticket number (removed).

Sincerely,

Dayton

HTC

Want to see what others are saying? Have a question to ask other HTC fans?

Become a fan of HTC facebook.com/htc
Follow us on Twitter twitter.com/htc
Subscribe to our YouTube Channel youtube.com/htc

Explore our development resources developer.htc.com

0 Likes
Re: Got an email from HTC with tip to get update pushed/ htcsense.com/ gingerbread
Wildman
Legend
Hmmmm.... Wonder why Verizon waloild request the access to HTCSense.com? I see that effecting the device any.
0 Likes
Re: Got an email from HTC with tip to get update pushed/ htcsense.com/ gingerbread
bearone21
Legend
interesting email
0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

Tboltaz wrote:

Got an e-mail back from HTC regarding gingerbread/ the MR2 update and the inability to sync with HTCsense.com...

Dear (removed),

You can attempt a device check in to see if available for your phone, if needed. Open the phone dialer and dial *#*#2432546#*#*. The number should then go blank and you will look for a notification on the status bar for “Check in succeeded.” You can then tap Menu while on the Home screen followed by Settings>System Updates. If unavailable at this time, we recommend waiting a week or so for the notification to show on your phone as staggered releases will take some time to get to everyone.

doesn't work :smileysad:  but thanks for sharing it with us. you will get the "check in succeeded" status, but it behaves the same.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Wildman wrote:
Hmmmm.... Wonder why Verizon waloild request the access to HTCSense.com? I see that effecting the device any.

:smileysurprised: :smileyvery-happy: Ha Ha word correction can be funny at times, that was would and I dont know what the system was drinkung.... :smileyvery-happy:

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

AZSALUKI wrote:

doesn't work :smileysad:  but thanks for sharing it with us. you will get the "check in succeeded" status, but it behaves the same.

Wonder if it could be a stray app causing the error like the issue users was experiancing with the Droid X....  May look into the apps as the issue but cant say which because no one has figured it out but after a reset the wywtem updater app worked fine..

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend
Someone in another thread did a hard reset and had the same issues so I don't think it's related to an app.....but who knows?
0 Likes