Group Message not working since move from ios to android
highaltitude

I know there have been lots of threads similar to this.  I've looked through those and tried the suggestions, but to no avail. I'm still left with the same issue.

I have not been able to receive any iMessages/Texts from friends while in a group chat on my Android device.  I can send them and my friends receive them, but i cannot receive from them.  I get individual texts/iMessages fine, just not group and only when it's from an iPhone.  I am able to receive group messages from Blackberry, Android and Windows devices.

The catch.  I gave up on iPhone and officially moved to Android.

Here is what has been done.  BEFORE switching to the HTC One, i deactivated iMessage on my iPhone my mac.  I made sure to also uncheck the phone number and my email addresses BEFORE deactiviating iMessage.  Also did the same with Facetime (not sure if that matters or not).

I have unregistered the iPhone from my Apple profile/support account.

I have deleted all iPhone numbers from my iCloud contacts.

I have the correct settings in Android.

I have made sure that my friends have it set to send SMS if iMessage is not available.

I've ran out of ideas, and ran out of places to go since Apple's support only had the one suggestion which was for them to remove the phone number from iMessage.

Please help!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Group Message not working since move from ios to android
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey there highaltitude,

I am sorry to hear that you are still having issues receiving text messages from iPhone users. I recently switched from an iPhone myself and have experienced the same issue. You have exhausted all the basic troubleshooting steps for this issue. I ended up having to reach out to Apple Support myself to ask them to deregister my number from iMessages.

NicholasB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Group Message not working since move from ios to android
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey there highaltitude,

I am sorry to hear that you are still having issues receiving text messages from iPhone users. I recently switched from an iPhone myself and have experienced the same issue. You have exhausted all the basic troubleshooting steps for this issue. I ended up having to reach out to Apple Support myself to ask them to deregister my number from iMessages.

NicholasB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes