HELP........HELP........with text messaging
msmith209

Hello,

I was wondering if someone could help me, How do I get the phone to wake up from sleep mode when a text message comes in. It shows me when some calls me, but when a text comes it plays a light chime but stays sleep (black screen). The only way I know I have a message is to unlock phone and then it shows on my lock screen. Can someone help me or is this the way the phone is.

0 Likes
Re: HELP........HELP........with text messaging
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

I don't have that phone, but that's how my phone responds when I receive a text message.  I receive a notification sound (I chose a distinctive ringtone) and then the notification light in the upper right-hand corner blinks.  If I want to read the text message, I have to manually wake the phone.  You may want to change your settings a bit, if you haven't already; I did see these notes on the HTC web site:

http://www.htc.com/help/www/howto_iframe.aspx?id=91669&type=1&p_id=431

0 Likes
LuvMyLabs
Contributor - Level 1

Edit.....sorry, posted about wrong phone.

0 Likes
msmith209

Thank you, 

But now the screen has line through it. Got it Friday and Saturday night went to see how the camera looks, then while in camera mode the screen got lines going through it and wont go away. so now I dont have a phone at this time. Thank you Verizon Wireless....

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

bummer; assuming you bought the phone from Verizon, you have 14 days from date of purchase to return it (minus a restocking fee) or have it exchanged

0 Likes