Re: HELP!!! my Tbolt will not send or recieve text nor make or receive calls
B33
Legend

Did you find the Setting there Joleen how it doing..

0 Likes
JoleenPAC

I did find and change settings. Now I need to wait for the type of texts I don't normally receive in full.... from ATT iPhone users.

Thanks for your help. I will let you know if it works as soon as I know. Smiley Happy

Joleen

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4GLTE smartphone

0 Likes
budone
Legend

Ann154 wrote:

Menu > settings > wireless & networks > mobile networks > network mode

Thanks for getting back with the poster!

0 Likes
JoleenPAC

I have done this....didn't work Smiley Sad

Would love any other suggestions!

0 Likes
JoleenPAC

I changed to CDMA. It didn't change anything Smiley Sad

Any other suggestions?

I got an email from Verizon Customer Support from this board...and when I sent an email back...he didn't respond back.

I have sat on phone with Tech support so much for so long without solution.

I am really at this point waiting until my contract ends in December and planning on changing carriers at this point.

I appreciate any suggestions you have.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

what exactly is the issue. are you simply not receiving particular texts from iphone users? is everything else working properly? when you don't get the text from an iphone user, is it a normal text or an mms (picture) or a group text (which i believe comes through as an mms)? are you on wifi when this is happening?

0 Likes
lemew
Contributor - Level 3

You may need to double check your smsc settings and also double check the apn that you are using. Under menu, settings, wireless, mobile networks, access point settings, menu, reset to default, then back out and reboot. You can further check your smsc settings under *#*#4636#*#*, phone info, and scroll to bottom. You will see smsc and a blank box. Click refresh. Jot down the number exactly.

0 Likes
JoleenPAC

I am not receiving the full text of any text from an ATT Iphone user if the text is more than...a certain amount of characters.

Not sure if this means it is MMS because after a certain length of text it should turn to MMS.

I get pictures fine I believe. 

It doesn't seem to be related to WIFI and I changed off of 4g to the CDMA with no fix.

It does seem to be related to MMS and group texting however.

Any Suggestions welcome Smiley Happy

Thanks

0 Likes
JoleenPAC

I am not that technically advanced that I even know what an smsc setting is? I don't even know what the apn is???

I did however just try the steps you provided...and did a reboot after. I will let you know if this helps.

I am not sure where to put the *#*#4636#*#*, phone info, and scroll to bottom or what this will tell me?

Thanks for your help.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

I don't know then? I sometimes have issues when an att iPhone includes me in a group text, but that hardly ever happens so I never really looked in to it. There is also one particular friend with att iPhone that is hit or miss, but again, we rarely text so no biggie. I do havve a number of other friends that text from an att iPhone that always come through.

0 Likes