HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE...HTC One Max GPS doesn't work
daBears73

I ordered the HTC One Max over the phone from Verizon less than 30 days ago as an upgrade after having the Motorola Razr for 2 years.  When I ordered it, the person I spoke with told me I had a 30 day warranty and could return it within 30 days.  The GPS on this phone doesn't work.  Period.  All I got from Verizon was just the usual runaround, where they try to waste your time in hopes that you will just forget about it and put up with whatever is wrong with their phones.  They asked me to do a reset, which I couldn't do over the phone because i was on it at the time and I was not at work or at home.  They told me to do a reset when I get a chance and call back.  So then I call back after I do the reset and ask to speak to a manager because the person that answered the phone was just trying to brush me off and would just sit there without saying anything waiting for me to talk.  I had to ask her several time "OK, so then what?"  The only smart, or I should say sneaky, thing she did, was she didn't give her name at any point during the call.  I asked to speak to a supervisor and was put on hold for over HALF AN HOUR.  Again, one of their tactics to hope that people will hang up.  The "Supervisor" I spoke to said their name was Sue but sounded like a male, probably trying to hide their identity as well.  She was insulting and said they had to go through a reset with me because that is their policy.  I explained that I had already done the reset as instructed to by the first person I spoke to, who by the way LIED and stated that I had refused to do a reset.  So then this person wants me to do another reset, which I did and then they got upset because I went ahead and did it instead of going through step by step with them.  Apparently she didn't believe that I had already done a reset.  I told them that it was their CSR who had told me to go ahead and do that and that i am perfectly capable of doing a reset without having them tell me step by step.  She asked how the GPS wasn't working. I explained that it didn't zero in on my location.  She sarcastically asked me "So you don't know where you are?  I explained to this genius that the whole point of GPS is to pinpoint your location, and that the Google Maps App or any navigation/maps app for that matter can't give you directions for where you want to go unless you put in a starting location, which by DEFAULT is "my location".  I asked if I could return the HTC One Max in exchange for a Samsung Galaxy Note 3 but this person refused , saying that it is not known by HTC to be a problem, so then I must get a refurbished one from them and see if that one works.  I'm sorry but i didn't pay the kind of money I did for this phone to get a refurbished phone.  This person was again rude and said 'well the phone you send back to us will be used to because it was used by you"  I explained to this genius that they were going to turn around and get their money back from HTC while I'm stuck with a refurbished phone when I paid for a new one.  in short, i am thinking about just going prepaid..I'm sure their GPS will work a whole lot better,  My question is, how do I file a formal customer complaint for this rude and uncalled for treatment of a loyal customer.

0 Likes
Re: HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE...HTC One Max GPS doesn't work
Not applicable

Well first you have 14 days for buyers remorse to return the device and pay just a $35 restocking fee. Not 30 days.

The replacement of a second hand phone for the one you bought is also now considered second hand, I can understand that part of it. However because I understand that second hand devices may have worse problems than what you are experiencing is why I just buy brand new. Yeah its expensive but I like my piece of mind.

Now a soft reset on occasion will fix your issue. In that regard you should actually contact HTC USA and let them see if they can assist you. They can also take your device and check it out. Or fix it. But you will be without your device for a period of time. And you get the same device back. Something to ponder.

The problem calling verizon is they follow a script and when you jump ahead they get confused. It is always advisable to call from another phone so you can proceed on that same call.

I personally have found the few times I called it was something on Verizon's end that they reset, and all is usually OK after that. You can always bump to a level two or even a level three tech. I have found their screens have much more information.

I hope it all turns out OK for you.

Good Luck

0 Likes
daBears73

Buyer's remorse isn't the issue, this should be covered by the manufacturer's warranty because it is a defect in the phone's hardware, in this case the GPS sensor.  Buyer's remorse means that you simply regret having bought the phone and aren't happy with it.  I could very well be happy with this phone but for the fact that the GPS doesn't work.

I did buy a new phone, which is why I will not accept a second hand piece of junk that as you stated could have worse problems than what I am dealing with now.

In short, I bought the phone from Verizon, not from HTC, so they should back up their equipment.  If not, I will switch to a different carrier eventually because I am not a happy customer.  So in the end, they will be the ones losing money because they were too cheap to replace my phone. It's simple economics, yet they don't get it.

0 Likes
Not applicable

I commented on buyers remorse because you said you were told it was 30 days. It is not. I don't care if its 30 days or 30 minutes. No reason to dwell on that.

The phone is not made by Verizon, they make nothing. Well they make money.

In any case the warranty is fulfilled by Verizon for you as a courtesy. In retrospect if you buy from a retail store like Best Buy or Walmart you get a 15-30 day return to store for exchange warranty. after that time frame it is between you and HTC or any other device maker.

Your issue is with HTC not Verizon Wireless. They are selling you a connection to the network for calls and data. How you do it is totally up to you to accomplish. They are not responsible for broken devices. That is between you and the maker of the phone. I wish more people would understand that.

That is why I hope in the future any sale of any device is told to you up front that you receive customer service on broken or faulty devices from the manufacturer. Verizon then only is responsible to connect you to calling, texting and data service.

This forum would be a lot less visited if that was the case.

Again Good Luck

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

My goodness, daBears73. We only want you to have a professional experience when working with us. I'm sorry that didn't happen. You are right though, if a phone is malfunctioning and there is no damage, then it should be covered by the manufacturer's warranty. The manufacturer's warranty http://vz.to/uyYF0o applies from your 15th day with the phone until you've completed one year with the device and is replaced with a certified like-new replacement. So if we aren't able to get this resolved we can certainly look into a replacement option.

I have sent you a follow request here in the forum. Please access https://community.verizonwireless.com/actions to accept my request and follow me https://community.verizonwireless.com/people/jenniferh_vzw back so you can send me a private message https://community.verizonwireless.com/docs/DOC-1613 with your name so we can get started with options and get feedback to the managers needed about your conversations over the phone.

Thank you
JenniferH_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes