HTC ONE MAX update in Yemen
ye4ever

My mobile lock for Verizon United States I am now in Yemen and do not use SIM Verizon How do I update my mobile to android KitKat

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: HTC ONE MAX update in Yemen
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ye4ever,

Sorry to hear you are having trouble updating your software. If the device is not connected to Verizon Wireless you would not be able to use our network to receive the update. I would try connecting to a Wi-Fi network and attempt a manual update. Or try using the HTC Sync Manager on a PC.

To use the HTC Sync Manager, download the HTC Sync Manager installer from the HTC supportsite (htc.com/hsm/). Launch the installer and follow the onscreen instructions. Connect your phone to your computer using the supplied USB cable. HTC Sync Manager opens. Make sure your phone is fully charged. Connect your phone to your computer. If your phone has anavailable update, a notification displays. Click Upgrade. On the Software Upgrade Assistant page, select your phone from the list, and then click Upgrade. Your computer downloads the update. After the download is completed, the software update process starts immediately. During the update, the phone will restart a few times. A message appears when the update has been completed. Click Close to return to HTC Sync Manager. Then disconnect and try it out.

If bump into trouble or need further assistance HTC can be reach by dialing Plus Sign then 1 then 866-449-8358 from the local GSM network or Dial 00 then 1 then 866-449-8358 from the local CDMA network.

Best of luck,

BrianP_VZW
Follow Us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ye4ever,

Sorry to hear you are having trouble updating your software. If the device is not connected to Verizon Wireless you would not be able to use our network to receive the update. I would try connecting to a Wi-Fi network and attempt a manual update. Or try using the HTC Sync Manager on a PC.

To use the HTC Sync Manager, download the HTC Sync Manager installer from the HTC supportsite (htc.com/hsm/). Launch the installer and follow the onscreen instructions. Connect your phone to your computer using the supplied USB cable. HTC Sync Manager opens. Make sure your phone is fully charged. Connect your phone to your computer. If your phone has anavailable update, a notification displays. Click Upgrade. On the Software Upgrade Assistant page, select your phone from the list, and then click Upgrade. Your computer downloads the update. After the download is completed, the software update process starts immediately. During the update, the phone will restart a few times. A message appears when the update has been completed. Click Close to return to HTC Sync Manager. Then disconnect and try it out.

If bump into trouble or need further assistance HTC can be reach by dialing Plus Sign then 1 then 866-449-8358 from the local GSM network or Dial 00 then 1 then 866-449-8358 from the local CDMA network.

Best of luck,

BrianP_VZW

0 Likes
ye4ever

hi

thank you for your help

i try with wi-fi and HTC Sync Manager but i do not found any update to android kitkat

is the android  kitkat available for htc one max ?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ye4ever,

The operating system update to Android 4.4.2 (KitKat) was released for updating over the Verizon Wireless network in April 2014. Other means of updating the software would need to be addressed by the manufacturer. I would probably backup and reset the device: http://vz.to/1v0BGxk and then try the update again to ensure there is no simple technical troubles with updating. For information regarding the availability of the update via the HTC Sync Manager or further assistance with troubleshooting problems with updating the software you would need to reach out to HTC for assistance: http://www.htc.com/us/support/ . I apologize on behalf of Verizon Wireless for the inconvenience.

BrianP_VZW

0 Likes