Re: HTC ONE part 2
UgXvibe
Contributor - Level 1

Greatest non-answer ever.. If it's such a great question then answer it! (P.S. I am the original tweeter to the moderators. Smiley Happy) And by announced I meant the date.. not that they are getting it, I already know that. lol

VZW.png

Moderator note: User posted; please edit or blur out identifying information before posting screen shots.

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I don't think you tweeted to the Moderators. You tweeted to their Social Media Team.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

UgXvibe
Contributor - Level 1

I meant that I was the one who posted that Tweet so there should not be any terms of service violation as far as posting peoples personal names. Apparently I was wrong because I don't see my post here anymore..

0 Likes
exzacklyright

Just give me a Nexus5 or HTC One Please!!

0 Likes
Androidor9
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm SO sick of Verizon being late to the party on everything.  New phones, Android updates, etc...and NO concrete information.  I'm glad people are switching carriers to get an HTC One.  The only thing that will make an impact with Big Red is a loss of customers. I just hope those same people are telling them WHY they are leaving. There's just no excuse for this delay. I don't care if HTC has supply chain issues....that is their problem. Verizon could at least announce the phone and say there's a wait to fulfill orders. I've been with Verizon for ages, but their delay this time is really pushing me over the edge. I hear people talking about the DNA2/Butterfly2 and at this point, I'd like to hold out for that.  Although, why should we expect Verizon to have that device ready even by 2014?  HTC can make the LTE compatible version as the DNA2 and Verizon will STILL take 5 months for testing and release.

Hey Big Red: Here's an idea - take all of your developers working on stupid bloatware apps that people HATE and never use (VZNavigator, Verizon Tones, Verizon Mobile Security, Backup+) and re-purpose them to work on testing and bug fixing on new hardware deployments.

summit21
Contributor - Level 1

From Droid Life review of HTC One:

"From what we understand, HTC wanted the One on Verizon, but Big Red decided to pass for the time being. "

Link: http://www.droid-life.com/2013/04/17/htc-one-review/

0 Likes
greensled
Enthusiast - Level 2

summit21, can you give me any more info on how well AT&T is doing for you? I'm just about done waiting. I just hesitate because I do have unlimited data on Verizon.

On another track, has anyone successfully upgraded and kept their unlimited data? I do have the dumb phone line, and was going to follow the protocol laid out earlier in this thread.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

first, at&t's service will depend on where you live, so do the research, but i wouldn't rely on others' experience.

second, if you have unlimited on one line and a dumb phone on the other line, just upgrade the dumb phone to the $30/2 gig individual data plan. then switch phones. then activate the dumb phone and cancel the 2 gig plan. it should work. just DON'T change anything about your plan, other then adding the 2 gig INDIVIDUAL data plan to the dumb phone line, when upgrading it. there should be the cost of the phone, $30 upgrade fee, and for a month you will have 2 data plans. after that, your bill should be what it is now (after canceling the new data plan and activating the old dumb phone) and you should still have unlimited data.

0 Likes
greensled
Enthusiast - Level 2

summit21 is in my area, that's why I ask. I just want to make sure I keep my unlimited data. 

0 Likes
chelseaerinn

Hey greensled... I just wanted to tell you that I recently lost my unlimited data when we added a line and changed to a family share plan to save money. They told me that upgrading forfeits the whole unlimited data plan and since I plan on upgrading to the One anyways.. I figured screw it cuz even though I don't get unlimited data anymore, the family plan saves us all money. Plus if I'd kept the unlimited our bill would have been more AND I'd only have unlimited til the One comes out anyway...  The only way you might be able to keep unlimited is if you buy the phone at retail price but I would double check on that as I'm not 100% sure.. ALSO.. I don't know how reliable my source is but... I switched to Sprint for the HTC One (It's AWESOME by the way) and then switched back cuz Sprint sucks here in CA and after the girl at Verizon reactivated my account and everything she asked why I had switched and I told her I wanted the HTC One... Well... she told me that they're doing employee training for it at Verizon and that it should be out the end of this month or early July so keep your fingers crossed and sorry about the unlimited data news.. I know I wasn't too happy when I heard. Sorry for the long post but I hope that helps.

0 Likes