Re: HTC ONE part 2
groovysunflowers
Enthusiast - Level 3

I totally agree with you, unfortunately 😕

BUT. I'm standing by my loyalty lol. I know I said I'd get an S4 if the August 1st date doesn't hold true, but I am standing firm in my decision to wait for this phone; I know it will be worth it haha (unless it has some ridiculous 250-300$ price tag). My iPhone is still hanging by a thread but I think I can wait until September..

I mean, the HTC One is what, 4-6 months old now? By the time Verizon gets it, there will already be better phones in production (* cough cough the butterly s that may never make it to the states) so if I was HTC I'd be pretty pissed at the lack of attention this phone is receiving by "the largest 4g network blahblah." I swear it better be in red and come with a back massage.

0 Likes
pmangr
Contributor - Level 2

groovysunflowers wrote:

I totally agree with you, unfortunately 😕

BUT. I'm standing by my loyalty lol. I know I said I'd get an S4 if the August 1st date doesn't hold true, but I am standing firm in my decision to wait for this phone; I know it will be worth it haha (unless it has some ridiculous 250-300$ price tag). My iPhone is still hanging by a thread but I think I can wait until September..

I mean, the HTC One is what, 4-6 months old now? By the time Verizon gets it, there will already be better phones in production (* cough cough the butterly s that may never make it to the states) so if I was HTC I'd be pretty ****** at the lack of attention this phone is receiving by "the largest 4g network blahblah." I swear it better be in red and come with a back massage.

I am starting to think this is a classic example of "bait and switch".  Verizon has been breaking so many promises lately.  Mergers cause this.  There are only a couple carriers that service the country now.  Prices will keep going up, services will get worse and customer service will be at all time lows.  Collusion will run rampant.  I may just go back to a "feature phone" and tell my customers I don't get email or text anymore.  Have to get a hold of me the old fashioned way.  CALL ME!

0 Likes
bholt6
Enthusiast - Level 3

There is no LG Exalt today so we know the road map is false.

0 Likes
pmangr
Contributor - Level 2

bholt6 wrote:

45 days and counting until the contract on my Bionic ends and I jump ship after 15 years with AirTouch/Verizon.

0 Likes
verizonistheworstcomp
Enthusiast - Level 2

bholt6 wrote:

Yup, which also means that the HTC One won't be hitting on August 1. September is looking more and more likely with their precious Droid phones coming out on Aug. 20th. They don't want to compete against the One, which seems far superior as far as I can tell.

The lack of information from Verizon is ridiculous. Why they simply can't just say something on when the One is releasing is beyond me. I'm fed up with this awful company. I think it's time that I take my business to AT&T, where they actually release phones on time and give you a variety of phones to choose from. I'm abandoning this sinking ship along with my 3 other lines as soon as my contract ends.

groovysunflowers
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yep, I was just coming by to say the same thing; there is no Exalt on the website. But you know what DID make it onto the website about 1 am last night? The Autumn Brown Galaxy S4, or in other words "the ugliest color to ever make it to a smartphone" (In my opinion lol). So they got plenty more units of poo-colored S4's but no HTC. That really grinds my gears! 😠 I really hope they decide to release it early August once they feel they have an adequate number of droid pre-orders but if I have to wait until September then so be it. It will still be one of the best high end phones on the market, I think/hope. And if a better phone is released in September as well then that's even better, no loss.

0 Likes
Klue
Master - Level 1

Ugly is an understatment, but we will leave it with that. To think verizon had 4 other colors to pick from, red, purple, pink and blue, they started with the ugly one for the S4

0 Likes
groovysunflowers
Enthusiast - Level 3

I honestly can't see how they thought that color would boost sales, especially with Sprint rumored to get the purple one! You'd think they'd grab the purple one since pretty much all of the new phone bundles include a purple case...I'd be all on that as purple is my fav color. But nope, one more thing to turn me off to the S4.

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

I so hope when the ONE does show up, it's brown.

Danishs
Contributor - Level 1

I think it's time for all of us to let go of our hopes for the One on V. Whenever we get close to a rumored release date we always push it back a month (that has been happening since May). You can switch carriers or pick another good phone compiled in the list below:

-S4

-Motorola Droid (8/20)

-Moto X (Late August)

-LG G2 (Late August)

-Updated S4 with SD 800 (Likely Sept)

-Galaxy Note III (Early Sept)

-HTC One Max (Likely Sept)

0 Likes