Re: HTC ONE part 2
groovysunflowers
Enthusiast - Level 3

Congrats! I'm glad to see AT&T has more value to offer you than VZW. I wish it were that easy for me too. I compared all the coverage maps of all the major carriers and being out here in rural Louisiana, basically a dead spot, nothing touches Verizon's coverage. Lol I laughed when I saw T-mobile's coverage, spotty 2G at best. I kind of feel dumb now, because this whole time I've been obsessing over this phone, I've always tried to find something to compare it to to hold in my hand (my friend has an LG Spectrum 2, with virtually the same dimensions as the HTC One) and I didn't even THINK to go into an AT&T store and actually look at it/play with it. Lol thanks for that brilliant idea 😛

0 Likes
freddyttt
Enthusiast - Level 3

Congrates. I think youll find ATT on par with VZ.... just a heads up. if you ported your number away from VZ and try and Port it back i think (think) you will lose unlimited data on that line. not 100% sure but thought i read that....

0 Likes
Mangle84
Enthusiast - Level 3

I think im gonna do the same exact thing.if there is no news or anything about the htc one on verizon, i will go to an att store this coming friday and get an 64gb htc one. And the fact that they let you try it for 14 days is great. So i will definitely be doing the same thing.ive been with verizon 4 1/2 years, and been out of contract going month to month since march, waiting and waiting for the htc one. So its gonna be hard going to a new phone company. But verizon is slow and i have to look at also the future with verizon vs att. For instance.... Say next year the sequel to the htc one comes out,chances are verizon will do the same thing. Att will release it on time, and verizon will make customers wait again. So att might be better in the long run.the thing with vz is their new aws and volte. Is att getting anything like that?

0 Likes
nneptune
Contributor - Level 2

That's what I did back in May, and it couldn't be better!  ATT has improved a lot. 

Someone wrote that they had bad customer service, but that has NEVER happened to me.

When I call there with a question or problem they are always polite, quick to help, and have even given me tons of credits.

The local store messed something up, which was rather minor, and they gave me a whole month of service free!..and they *love* it when people leave Verizon!  They treat you like a King! 

I live in Illinois and have blazing fast 4g LTE speeds.  When I brought the phone to the Phoenix area, I was getting download speeds so fast that the speed app couldn't even keep up..it was some amazing number..about 42 mbps..insane!  Though  i usually get speeds in the 20s.

It's worth it.  Get away from the money grubbing company who won't give you a choice, you pay a premium price for, and who refuses to give an announcement date.  They have become disgustingly awful! Just my opinion..

verizonistheworstcomp
Enthusiast - Level 2

Danishs wrote:

Verizon IsTheWorstCompany wrote:

Danishs wrote:

People who haven't even reached their upgrade date yet really shouldn't be complaining, there are people on this that have been waiting since March.

VZW didn't even say they were going to even carry the HTC One until early June ... so, no, they haven't been waiting since March. What gives you the "right" to be irritated with the One not being available over someone else because you have supposedly been waiting longer? Great logic there. Please grow up.

Vzw didn't say they were getting the HTC till June but guess what? All of the other carriers said they would get it in March. Either that or it was revealed they would carry it in March. Since then (in March) V customers have been waiting. I never said i have the right (are quotations really necessary?) to be more ****** than others. I'm just saying it's not that bad when you still have 40 days left to upgrade. The HTC plus 10 other great phones could be out by that time. It ***** for people waiting since March or even before March when rumors of the M7 reached their climax. I also never said  I was one of those people.. my upgrade was in June so I don't have it too bad either. Maybe your next reply shouldn't be full of assumptions. By the way, you mad?

You said it for me: all of the other carriers. HTC came out and directly said that it wouldn't be coming out on VZW in March (obviously things have changed since then). So if people were waiting since March for the One to come to VZW when the company directly stated it wouldn't, then that's just stupid (I'm assuming you fall under that category).

Yes, quotations were necessary. I'm not going to bother to explain why if you can't figure it out since it should be pretty obvious.

You made an asinine statement, and your attempt to defend that statement has failed. Nice try, but maybe your next comment shouldn't be as broad and ignorant as your first.

Anyway, the adults are talking here, kid. You can join the conversation again once you've undergone puberty. Until then, please sit quietly in the corner.

0 Likes
verizonistheworstcomp
Enthusiast - Level 2

Far from being anything definitive, but Droid-life tweeted this earlier: Btw, hearing August 15 for Verizon's HTC One.

They're pretty reliable, so we can only hope that there's some truth behind it.

0 Likes
Merlin13
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yeah there were rumors for July 15th, them rumors for Aug 1st, now rumors for Aug 15th.  Until there is an official announcement I don't buy it one bit, especially since that's almost right when their beloved Moto phones are hitting the shelves.  If I were a betting man I'd say Sept, which quite honestly is total crap since they announced it was coming to Verizon this summer back in early June.

0 Likes
pmangr
Contributor - Level 2

Merlin13 wrote:

Yeah there were rumors for July 15th, them rumors for Aug 1st, now rumors for Aug 15th.  Until there is an official announcement I don't buy it one bit, especially since that's almost right when their beloved Moto phones are hitting the shelves.  If I were a betting man I'd say Sept, which quite honestly is total crap since they announced it was coming to Verizon this summer back in early June.

They're not going to put the HTC One out until the MOTO's have been out a while.  They have a better margin on the Droid line.

BAIT AND SWITCH!

41 days and counting.  Sept 9, I'm off to AT&T for my new phone.

0 Likes
rich_ny

I JUST called HTC and was told the ONE is 100% coming to Verizon.  The rep said no launch date has been announced, but it should be the begining of Sept,  the end of the Summer.  She said it will have the same specs, didn't know price, colors or if it wall have 4.2.2.  She said if the update is released to all the other carriers, it will be released on Verizon's one.  SHE TOLD ME MULTIPLE TIMES IT WILL 100% BE RELEASED ON VERIZON'S NETWORK, SHE WAS POSITIVE.  Its been a long time, but IT IS DEFINITELY COMING.

0 Likes
Fortheloveoftech
Contributor - Level 1

"VZW didn't even say they were going to even carry the HTC One until early June ... so, no, they haven't been waiting since March. "

.... so people can't be waiting to upgrade? You make it seem as if its virtually impossible that I've been off contract since March waiting for a new phone, regardless if its the htc one, to come out just as many on here are... Ha "great logic there"

For being an "adult" you sure seem to not grasp the concept of what Danishs was stating...but let me explain it to you "kid"

IMO He was simply stating "Other people have been out of contract since march and could have jumped ship by now" just as Nneptune did ...btw he's the guy who created this discussion and the htc one part 1...oh and speaking of part 1, Nneptune created it in Feburary! ... but back what Danishs said. "The ones complaining shouldn't be, considering they're stuck on contract anyway they won't be able to get the phone unless they plan to pay the ETF or they steal another lines upgrade"

It was pretty obviously HTC was hurting in sales at the beginning of the year so NOT having it on Verizon didn't make any sense. This is why everyone thought Verizon would be getting it too. Oh and the leaked picture of the Red HTC one

@rich_ny  Yes, verizon made it official through a tweet. Its been through bluetooth testing and fcc testing as well. We all know its coming but when is the question.

0 Likes