Re: HTC ONE part 2
pmangr
Contributor - Level 2

REC732 wrote:

What is Verizon doing?  I been a long VZ customer but they force you to pick a phone they want you to have.  its obvious that Motorola is the phone VZ wants you to have.  I swear for the 4 plus years I have been on VZ we have the less options.  its sad man.

I have a feeling that the trend is going to be less and less offerings that will be subsidized, if any at all.  If you check with AT&T and VZW, if you buy the device outright, there is NO difference in what your monthly fees are.  That's right, when they subsidize the device, they take the hit.  So if you have a $600 dollar phone, and pay $199 up front, the carrier eats the other $401!!  So if they get you to buy the phone up front, the ONLY benefit you get is that you don't have a 2 year contract.  However, if you buy a device that is compatible with VZW, you might as well have a contract as it only works with VZW!  They know this.  All the carriers are now playing with their new plans that allow you to "upgrade" more often.  But, they really are no longer subsidizing them, or only subsidizing a smaller portion.  I'm waiting for the shoe to drop and a couple more mergers from now, we will be buying our own devices with no subsidies. 

Who will be left once T-Mobile and/or Sprint finally gets gobbled up by AT&T and/or VZW?  It's inevitable.  The spectrum wars will ensure this.  Then perhaps we'll see more choices, as long as those device manufacturers pony up the "fee" for being allowed to connect to the carriers network.  It's coming...

0 Likes
BOBD1950
Contributor - Level 1

I was waiting on the One. But looks like Bob will just pick up the DROID Ultra.

No sense in buying a phone that's close to six months old. And..After 8-1, I might even consider the Moto X also.

That's if VZW does not take the X months to drop also! Smiley Happy

0 Likes
pmangr
Contributor - Level 2

BOBD1950 wrote:

I was waiting on the One. But looks like Bob will just pick up the DROID Ultra.

No sense in buying a phone that's close to six months old. And..After 8-1, I might even consider the Moto X also.

That's if VZW does not take the X months to drop also! Smiley Happy

Can't say I won't be checking those phones out myself.  Or as VZW would be saying "Mission Accomplished".

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Hey Bob hit my Thread on the Moto X  I think it's going to be Good Phone and Heck you can even choose your back plate Cover I think i'll take one in Lime Green Wow would that eye Opener. b33

0 Likes
Bmar96
Enthusiast - Level 2

No man, don't do it! Verizon Wireless will soon become Motorola Wireless

0 Likes
Bmar96
Enthusiast - Level 2

Moto X looks awesome. But these droid phones are nothing but junk.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Well it seems the Way of the Land any More whats giving me some Hope on Moto X is that it's Made in the USA but i guess we'll have to see how it does when Verizon Debuts it.. 

0 Likes
bholt6
Enthusiast - Level 3

It would make sense that Big Red loses out on the extremely awesome looking glamour red HTC One and gets blue instead.  After seeing the red One, I can only imagine the blue one will be a let down.

0 Likes
verizonistheworstcomp
Enthusiast - Level 2

Danishs wrote:

Hmmmm. Maybe you "should" have been waiting since March, because then you would know that even though the company denied it was coming to Verizon, "many" news outlets were saying it will in fact come to Verizon. THAT is why people have been waiting since March. (http://allthingsd.com/20130313/exclusive-htc-one-headed-to-verizon-too/)

I never told people not to voice their opinions.

There are people on here still waiting a month for their upgrade and still complaining about availability. Maybe you're full of insecurities or have a depressing outlook on life, which is why you read my comment with hostility but i was simply stating a fact.... You, sir, deserve a reward in making assumptions.

On the other hand, people shouldn't be speaking ignorantly of something they don't know enough about. By the way, 4.2.2 isn't out yet in the US.

Haha, your attempt to mock me by using quotes was an utter failure. If you're going to use them, at least do it right. It's pretty clear you still don't understand why they were used earlier, which speaks volumes about the low level of intelligence I'm dealing with.

HTC also flat-out denied it would be coming to Verizon, which would trump any rumors from that time. Maybe if they had an ambiguous statement that left the possibility open for it coming to Verizon it would make sense, but not a definitive statement from them.

Complaints are opinions. So when you tell people that they shouldn't be complaining, that means you're telling them not to voice their opinions. It appears that you didn't even know what you were saying when you posted it, which isn't surprising. Some friendly advice for you: think before you speak.

By the way, I never said that 4.2.2 was out in the US. Nice try getting that dig in at the end, but you failed once again.

Anyway, I'd love to dance circles around you some more, but I'm done with this forum and you just make it way too easy. The launch appears to be imminent, and you simply aren't worth anyone's time.

0 Likes
pmangr
Contributor - Level 2

I found this interesting article.

http://gigaom.com/2013/08/01/att-unseats-verizon-in-the-jd-power-rankings-for-the-1st-time/?utm_sour...

Basically, for the first time Verizon has been unseated as the #1 carrier in terms of customer satisfaction.  One would think that this HTC One debacle has had something to do with this, huh?

0 Likes