Re: HTC ONE part 2
pmangr
Contributor - Level 2

UgXvibe wrote:

Ha, I didnt look that deep into it. Was a joke anyways. I'll be long gone from here if its not in my hands this month.

http://www.gottabemobile.com/2013/08/06/verizon-htc-one-release-pushed-back/

Looks like I'll be seeing you at the ATT store in September.   I have 34 days left on my contract.

Any arguments on semantics of "Bait and Switch" again?

0 Likes
Danishs
Contributor - Level 1

NEW release date: http://www.phonearena.com/news/HTC-One-shown-in-Blue-but-now-coming-to-Verizon-Aug-29_id46113

Don't know why i'm keeping up to date with this...

Paul, Aug 29th is before September.

0 Likes
pmangr
Contributor - Level 2

Danishs wrote:

NEW release date: http://www.phonearena.com/news/HTC-One-shown-in-Blue-but-now-coming-to-Verizon-Aug-29_id46113

Don't know why i'm keeping up to date with this...

Paul, Aug 29th is before September.

Yes, but on Aug 28, it will be pushed back to Sept 15.  Don't you see the pattern yet?

If they release it on the 29th, there is no reason for me to get the Verizon HTC One.  I'd just have to wait 10 more days and I'm free of the evil empire.

0 Likes
UgXvibe
Contributor - Level 1

This whole ordeal is so laughable.. I'm soo disappointed in Verizon over this. I try and try to be patient but they continue to play these games.

0 Likes
Inane65
608. Re: HTC ONE part 2

Hardly, Tue. Feb 19, falls in the year 2013

LMAO! However, it DOES fall once again in 2019! Could that be the release date? Feb. 19, 2019? Gotta love it all!

0 Likes
pmangr
Contributor - Level 2

UgXvibe wrote:

This whole ordeal is so laughable.. I'm soo disappointed in Verizon over this. I try and try to be patient but they continue to play these games.

I hear you, brother!  I'm not angry, they made no official promises.  But they are doing everything possible to string us along and hope we tire and settle for a MOTO device instead of the superior HTC One.  It's most likely margin.  50% isn't enough of a profit margin for them.  I know my measly $220 a month isn't going to matter to them one bit.  But I know that ATT will give me a break for 2 reasons.  1.  I'm a Uverse TV and Internet customer already, and 2. I'll be switching from the evil empire to them.

I had ATT a couple years ago for my work phone (provided to me).  It was fine.  It was a Blackberry, so no data plan really.  Didn't care then, won't care now.  As long as the phone part always works, that is all I absolutely *need* from a phone.  4G LTE everywhere would be nice, but I seem to find holes in VZW's network too.  ATT is #2 and when you're #2, you try harder.  Hence, up to date devices in a timely manner.  Cool exclusives, etc.

At this point, should they push it back to Aug 29, I'm 99% certain I'm going to switch.  Unless VZW upgrades me for free.  And we know that isn't going to happen!

Klue
Master - Level 1

My is that an ugly shade of blue.  If I get one it will be black

pmangr
Contributor - Level 2

Klue wrote:

My is that an ugly shade of blue.  If I get one it will be black

I have to agree with you there.  Even if they had the red one, I'd still go with black.  I don't want to make anyone get phone envy to the point where I have to lock it away somewhere so it doesn't get stolen.

0 Likes
foolie

This is so frustrating, i hope rumors of it being pushed to the 29th aren't true, i don't understand why VZW is so against giving the freedom of choice to their customers. The ONE was delayed for the DNA and now delayed again for more droids lol... and then the droids dont sell well so they delay it again thru september

0 Likes
groovysunflowers
Enthusiast - Level 3

I happen to like this shade of blue, and, unfortunately, I am one of the few who still will not shy away from this phone. Right now the only phone competing against this one on my list is the LG G2 but I wouldn't be surprised to see the same thing happen at that launch like this. I will enjoy the live stream to keep me occupied, as well as a few other things going on this month to distract me from this phone obsession (I can only read the same Adam Mills blogs so many times a day) until it's finally here. I was excited to finally see the leaked photos of the blue color, and then immediately let down to read the new push-back dates. I'm still fervently hoping for a launch on the 15th. No matter what the reason, whether it interferes with Droid sales or Moto X sales or S4 sales, I will NOT settle for any of them, haha.