HTC Rezound Global Update
musicbeatsallday

Please use this thread to confirm if you got the new Global Update/with bug fixes here. If theres any new news please post it.

0 Likes
Re: HTC Rezound Global Updat
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

So far, no news, just one leaked version.

0 Likes
Comedie

Just back to the States from South Africa. Was there for 3 weeks. Putting in a local MTN card, and uswing the LTE ON OFF app to enable the GSM bands, everything was working except for the ability to send SMS'es. Calls worked fine. Data worked fine. And receiving SMS'es worked fine. Guess I could have played around with the leaked version going around, but didn't want to mess with my phone or have the data zapped in the process.

0 Likes
brianstorms

I'm headed to a GSM country for a few weeks in a couple days with my Rezound - wondering if you or anyone know what the deal is with using a local SIM card to get GSM to work?  You say you were able to use a local card and an LTE on/off app to enable the GSM bands.  Is that an app I would have to download?  And, it looks like you are saying you were able to do this without the leaked update?  I got an update mid-August but it doesn't seem to be the one that includes global roaming GSM capablities...Thanks for any thoughts, I'm new to all this 

0 Likes
Comedie

Correct,,,,, my Rezound OS is absolutely stock. Just has the official Verizon pushed ICS.

LTE OnOff was something I found in the Google app store. It allows you to set to preferred network type. By default, I found it is set to "CDMA+LTE/EvDo auto". In the dropdown box for that setting, I chose "CDMA/EvDo/GSM/WCDMA/LTE auto" after taking out the Verizon SIM and putting in a local one. After choosing your network in the app, when you back out of the app, it enables the setting you made. 

Prior to the ICS update, when I did that, only the phone calls worked and SMS messages could be received. Now after the ICS update, phone calls work, SMS receives, AND data works. Still no SMS send, however.

I found that the network type would revert to "CDMA+LTE/EvDo auto" when doing some things like trying to send an SMS, rebooting the phone, or if I was playing around in the phone settings for Mobile. So I'd just reset the network type via LTE OnOff when I saw that happen. Once I stopped trying to play around with settings, it was pretty stabile. Just no SMS send.

Mostly I just wanted the phone to work, and to be able to get data for using maps and navigation. Worked fine for me doing those things. Like I said, only SMS send seemed to still not work.

0 Likes
Re: HTC Rezound Global Update
musicbeatsallday

No Update so far. Please post if you do get the update!!!

0 Likes