Re: HTC Rezound loses network signal
DavidNunoLA

So what does that leave now, just the app?

0 Likes
slingblade01

The problem is internal with the hardware or firmware.

0 Likes
DavidNunoLA

So, anyone else try out another phone or considering it?

The only one that fits the physical attributes that I like is that LG phone and I'm not interested in switching to that.

I wish the DroidX would be 4G but I guess I will have to try the RAZR.

This really sucks.

0 Likes
DavidNunoLA

WHOA

I also just noticed the price dropped to 80 dollars! I'm SOOOOO returning this @@#!!@$!#!

0 Likes
ds50137
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am following you now, but it still wont let me send you a direct message. I would love to know how you fixed this - probably a few others would as well.  Can you PM me?

0 Likes
DavidNunoLA

Well I just got charmed. I'll admit it. I went in to exchange the Rezound for a Razr Maxx. First off, the price was 299.99 which I didn't expect. Then, the manager told me that he has been getting complaints about the 4G dropping for over 2 months. He says he gets it on the Razr Maxx, the Incredible, and the Rezounds as well as other 4G devices. He says Verizon is working on the towers and that the reason for that is an expected release of the iPhone 4G in September. He said I could cancel the HotSpot feature and I'd be credited back the charge but he basically said that any phone I take home today will have the problem.

I'm totally happy with the Rezound so I plan on dropping the HotSpot feature. Everything else works fine for me so it is what it is. If it gets fixed via OTA before then, cool, but the guy says that Verizon won't launch the iPhone 4G with these problems so you can believe that if you see a launch date, the problems have been resolved.

We'll see about that......

0 Likes
JustWulf_com
Enthusiast - Level 3

I've had my HTC Rezound ever since November 2011 and NEVER had this issue until recently when I bought the extended battery. I cannot believe I went this long without buying it, it's such a huge improvement in battery life! But, with this suspected back battery cover wielding the antenna problem, I think I'm starting to lose my 4G connectivity because of that issue alone. My back cover isn't as secure as the original and clicks when I am holding it. I am going to return my battery cover and battery itself and let you know if my 4G connectivity issue is resolved.

0 Likes
biodieselman

Hi, Just like all above. Please PM me too, as I have the same issue for 3 days, tech support is usless as they just want me to reboot/ format the phone. I can get calls, and texts, but NO data. Please help.

0 Likes
BishopnSTL

I too am having the issue in St Louis going from 4G to nothing. Started about 2 or 3 weeks ago. Tried a hard reset and still the same. Have yet to find a resolution. Is this happening with anyone who has <deleted>? My OG Droid never had a data loss issue and I live in the same area. "Oh cell phone Gods, please bring me a resolution"! "Or at least credit my account"!!!

<Post edited to comply with the .>

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
JustWulf_com
Enthusiast - Level 3

Like this post if you went from an OG Droid to a HTC Rezound. I feel like a lot of us have.