Re: HTC Rezound loses network signal
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

Nope, Eris.

gjrscribe

I sent a letter to Verizon...having all the same issues and am not satisified. Of course I got no answer or renumeration for the time and trouble of not having access, well, almost ever! I even sent links of this forum and another page on Verizon's site so they couldn't tell me this is something they've never heard of!

Here's the most interesting part of the reply...not sure what to believe anymore.

"I have reviewed our internal systems to locate additional information about reports of this issue and I was able to find several. There has been a spike in these reports over the past few weeks and the issue is currently being reviewed by our network technicians, as well as HTC. There is not an official resolution at this time, but we are working diligently to resolve the issue and HTC is planning to accommodate the fix in their next software update. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you in the meantime."

Thanks for nothing, Verizon. And what about the ICS update HTC posted and then pulled???? Come on VERIZON!!

0 Likes
KenD90027
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've been having the same issue since I have had the phone. I have called customer service numerous times, replaced SIM cards, done several master resets (VERY annoying) and have gotten three replacement phones. Still having the same issue. Sure I can work around by turning off LTE, but why buy and pay for a service that I can't use?!

I haven't read though all the related posts, but the problem, as I see it, is that it has trouble switching from 4G to 3G, but no one from VZW seems to acknowledge this or admit that there is a problem.

I'm not so sure that it is a problem with the handset or the 4G network in general. It takes an act of congress to get support to open a trouble ticket for the network, so that if there was a 4G problem, it actually never goes on record.

I keep hoping that the ICS update might correct the issue, but if that doesn't come soon, I am going to try to get a replacement to a newer model or get Verizon/HTC to spring for a new One X.

0 Likes
KenD90027
Enthusiast - Level 2

i did, too. miss my keyboard. Smiley SadSmiley Happy

0 Likes
KenD90027
Enthusiast - Level 2

DITTO!!!

0 Likes
KenD90027
Enthusiast - Level 2

my first replacement phone fixed the reboot loop (a known issue, btw). on my third phone now (or fourth...starting to lose count, lol)

0 Likes
JustWulf_com
Enthusiast - Level 3

You know what I just realized...if we're having all of these connectivity issues with mobile Internet, how in the world are we going to be able to consistently download nearly 500MB from both Verizon and HTC combined over an OTA update for our phone and not lose any important files?!

0 Likes
KenD90027
Enthusiast - Level 2

i thought it was only one massive compressed file from verizon, but i don't know for sure. Speaking of which, I was getting Server Unavailable up until this morning when checking for the update. Any one else? Was hoping they were getting prepared for our OTA.

0 Likes
JustWulf_com
Enthusiast - Level 3

Mine is just "Checking for new software..." and won't do anything else. Even after 10 minutes...

0 Likes
DzNts
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm also in STL, same issues. Tried 2 brand new rezound phones. Had the same problem with both, but I love the phone besides this and I can live with 3g most of the time with the radio working so well, till I find a workaround.

0 Likes