Re: HTC Rezound soft keys not responding?
lills713
Enthusiast - Level 1

My Rezound is having the same issues with non-responsive soft keys. In less than 24 hours it went from being fully functional to practically useless. There has been no recent update, nor damage of any kind. It just quit working. Ironically the 1 year manufacture warranty just expired. Of course, no one wants to accept that the issue is not user related but rather product/service related and if you don't shell out the extra expense of added insurance you are left with a worthless product and are forced to spend HUNDREDS of dollars to replace a product thats disfunction is not your fault or be forced to spend the extra $ per month for required data when the phone is really useless to have any type of applications since there is no way to exit the programs without powering down the phone each and every time.

Never fails, required 2 year plans and phones barely last a year.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello pghvzwcust,

I wanted to touch bases with you to see ifyou device is working properly. I noticed that you confirmed that there isn't ant damage on your phone, which is great! If you can share the details of your concern then we can customize a solution for you right here. Like a pillow, we are here to support you.

Thank you...

Arnett_VZW
Please follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
pghvzwcust

I've contacted a Vzw tier 2 support expert and have the issue resolved. Thank you for your attention.

0 Likes
mw_5lsd
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi. I have the same issue. How did Vzw tier 2 resolve it?  My phone is almost useless the way it is

thanks

nbkramer
Enthusiast - Level 2

Anyone know how to close browser windows if the soft Keys are not working? I'm kind of tired pushing the button 1, 000 times and it not working.

Signed:

Frustrated Barry

0 Likes
nbkramer
Enthusiast - Level 2

What did tier 2 do for you outside of replacing the device?

Signed

Frustrated Barry

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@pghvzwcust,

I'm glad to hear our Technical Support Team was able to resolved your concerns.

If you ever need assistance with your device in the future you can always visit http://bit.ly/yN1P80 for online support with your device.

John_VZW

0 Likes
Nornee
Enthusiast - Level 3

We're all very anxious to hear how HTC/VZW are planning to resolve this issue with all of these faulty HTC Rezound phones.

Since we're all in different places in terms of our warranty coverage and contract cycle, phone replacement (via warranty with a "reconditioned" HTC Rezound, or upgrade to a new model with accompanying loss of unlimited data) is most definitely NOT the acceptable answer..

Again, can VZW please read this entire thread and reply with one voice on this issue?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Nornee, I can understand the frustration of this issue with the entire community. We are one voice and we have to responde to each individual situation because everyone within a different place regarding replacement options. Although this issue is the same and may be software/device related, the issue may be intermittant with some people because of problematic and incompatible apps, or damage to the phone. We advice customers of different steps to trouble-shoot because some may benefit from those steps and may resolve the issue even if its temporary. We are always handling situations accordingly an never ignore issues. If there is a known problem with a phone, we report it to the manufacture. They will decide with our partnership if its beneficial to release a software update to fix it. Once we have a resolution, if we get a resolution from the manufacture , we will communicate it to our customers. AT this time, we can replace the phone if you're within the 1year manufactures warranty with no damage to the phone. If you are out of warranty, and eligible to upgrade, you can purchase a new phone for a discount. If you are out of warranty and not eligible to upgrade, you can buy a ph at full retail, or buy a phone here with this program http://vz.to/16vfYHl . You can also file  an insurance claim if you have it on your account. If you have any further questions, please let us know.

Kinquana_VZW

0 Likes
lgs83

Registering another HTC Rezound without functioning soft keys. Have tried everything that's been suggested in this forum and elsewhere. Past warranty, no insurance, not eligible to upgrade until the end of Feb. '14, so no help from the Verizon folks on site when I took it in yesterday. I've loved this phone and just want it to work.

0 Likes