Re: HTC Rezound soft keys not responding?
bencook
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yep, add my Rezound to the list. This is a MAJOR problem as the phone is essentially useless now and I am not due for upgrade until January. So, I just have to slog out 6 months with a nearly useless phone simply because the Rezound has an issue - not because of anything I did.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@lgs83,

I feel your pain! Having a working phone is a must and I'm here to help.

Thanks for trying the suggestions previously provided by our community members in this thread.

The last steps would be to perform a hard reset http://vz.to/1ctgZB4. Have you done this already?

If you have already performed a hard reset and it did not help you may want to consider this http://vz.to/16vfYHl. You can also activate a previous owned device on your line until you are eligible for an upgrade. Since you are out of warranty we are unable to replace the device.

John_VZW
Please follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
russrock1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Well, figured I check back on this thread and it seems that the problem keeps getting worse. Might be time for everyone to consider switching to other providers once your contract is up. The disgraceful attitude of Verizon on this issue is infuriating to say the least. Every response by Verizon reps only serves to anger everyone even more with their fake sympathetic jargon. I've been with Verizon for years and don't want to leave but the thought of signing another contract with these people does not sit well. Verizon used to be known for excellent customer service but that is no longer the case. They are about getting your money every month and that's it. I can't believe this is still the same company I signed up with years ago!

I gotta deal with my piece of garbage, barely functional Rezound till February...that time can't come soon enough.

>>Edited to comply with <<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey there bencook,

I am sorry to hear that you are also having issues with the HTC Rezound. We want to fully troubleshoot your device so you can go back to having a great experience with a great phone. Are you having an issues with the soft keys as well? Are you having any additional issues with the device? Any physical damange or water damage? Do you have insurance?

Please provide additional information so we can determine the next best course of action.

NicholasB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

Nornee
Enthusiast - Level 3

This problem with the Rezound soft keys was first reported quite a while ago.  Why haven't we received any concrete information about what Verizon/HTC plans to do about it?  I don't need another canned response!

0 Likes
bencook
Enthusiast - Level 2

NicholasB_VZW

No other problems with the device. The capacitive buttons started being "glitchy" and then simply stopped working all together.

No water damage. Normal wear/tear with a few scuffs scraps, all of which happened over a year before the capacitive buttons suddenly stopped working a few days ago.

No insurance - but it stands to reason Verizon would sell a device capable of functioning for the duration of the two-year contract. Given how prevalent this issue is on the HTC Rezound and other HTC devices of this generation I fail to see how this is "my issue" requiring insurance.

Already tried Safe Mode followed by a full Hard/Factory Reset - neither of which worked = hardware issue.

-Ben

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for the details bencook! We certainly want your device to be reliable as it should. I would like to review your account to better assist with options. Please follow me back and send me a private message with your name and mobile number.

Thank you,

LenaA_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
kris111

My rezound is doing the same thing. Started not responding last week.  Getting worse.  Very annoying.  Has anyone found a fix for this? 

0 Likes
nbkramer
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have know been dealing with absolutely 0 usage of my soft keys for over 1 month now.  I am reaching the end of my patience with this phone and possibly VZW completely.  Why is it, that the in the last 7 days, we have not heard a thing back from anyone?  I used to love this phone but now it is just frustrating to own.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I have installed the "myhomebuilder" application.  Is their anyway of closing out all of my browser windows that are open?

0 Likes
Retro
Enthusiast - Level 1

Another one...  Soft keys almost totally useless.  Began getting hot at the base when playing games.  Thinking the heat could have caused problems some how...  The phone's about a year and a half old.  I love this phone and have had no other problems.  But by the size of this thread, there is obviously a design problem that needs to be addressed by HTC and Verizon.

0 Likes