Re: HTC Rezound soft keys not responding?
bomyo

My rezound at 1.5 yr old, mint condition, is having the same issue. I friend of mine had this issue a few month ago with rezound after 14mo of usage. I didn't realize this is common issue for HTC rezound until I found this post. At this point, HTC should do something. I did get update recently. All rezound owners who are having this exact issue should post here.

0 Likes
Liteshow
Enthusiast - Level 1

Add another to this list. Soft keys stopped responding about 2 weeks ago after slowly getting harder and harder to get a response from them...

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

mkldang, I'm here to ease your frustration. We want you to know that we do care! Some 3rd party application software can affect the performance of your device. Have you downloaded a few 3rd party applications from the Play store? If so, I recommend that you uninstall a few apps and power your device off/on to soft reset it. If your issue persists, keep us posted. We're here for you.

Lasina_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
mkldang

I already did a factory reset and it did not do resolve the problem

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE Smartphone

0 Likes
bencook
Enthusiast - Level 2

Dear Verizon Support:

As has been clearly established by this forum, this is a HARDWARE issue with the Rezound due to faulty/failing digitizers. Only having the digitizer replaced will fix this issue. Unless Verizon or HTC offers to replace/repair these Rezounds, the only solution is for us customers to get a new phone, replace the digitizer ourselves, or send our phone to a third-party to repair.

Any answer from VWZ Support that doesn't mention "broken digitizer" just raises everyone's blood pressure on this thread.

-B

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@Liteshow

I want you to have a much better experience with your device!  Please share more details of what you're experiencing and any troubleshooting steps you have already completed.  Did you notice this after installing any new applications?  Have you tried removing and reinserting the device battery http://vz.to/14Aexm4?  Please keep me posted so I can further assist.  Thanks!

AnthonyTa_VZW

0 Likes
Liteshow
Enthusiast - Level 1

As with the others in the thread. I've rebooted several times (mostly to

be able to get out of apps), and pulled the battery. I hadn't added any new

apps in a few weeks when when the soft keys stopped working, and have only

added 2 since (Pie and MyHome so I can get out of apps without rebooting).

I have another Rezound with broken glass laying around here somewhere, and

was looking into having the digitizers swapped, but again, this seems like

a well documented hardware issue that either Verizon or HTC needs to

recognize and do something about...

On Sat, Sep 7, 2013 at 10:16 AM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi bencook,

I am sad to hear about the problems you are having with your phone. We are here to help.  The HTC Rezound is an amazing device.  Have you tried to hard reset on your phone? http://bit.ly/1epLLvt Is your device still under warranty? Keep us posted.

Thanks, BobbyS_VZW

0 Likes
DjSattva

Add me to the list, my Rezound soft keys became unresponsive as of yesterday. tried a reset with no luck. As I am still a yea away from upgrade and highly upset right now I want some answers Verizon. This is starting to look like a widespread problem with this device

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's get your phone up and running Liteshow. Have you completed a hard reset on your phone? http://bit.ly/1epLLvt  Is your device still under warranty? Keep us posted.

Thanks, BobbyS_VZW

0 Likes