Re: HTC Rezound soft keys not responding?
1helopilot
Enthusiast - Level 1

Just to add to this ongoing issue... Another HTC Rezound bites the dust... Same soft keys not working issue. None of the supported fixes work including running the phone in safe mode.

After reading all of the posts on the web and in the many forums, we should all Thank Verizon and HTC for ignoring the issue!! Come on really. The auto makers will issue a recall for cars, why cant HTC do the same?

Going to switch to the Samsung Galaxy S5. Done with HTC....

jmcinvale

Just go on Amazon and order a refurbished LCD/digitizer assembly.

I did that and my phone has been working properly for a week.

Email info removed as required by the Terms of Service.

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes
aaijian

My Rezound has begun the descent.  Soft keys work only after ~5-10 presses, or putting the phone to sleep.  Getting worse by the day.  Fortunately I only have 2.5 weeks left on contract.  It's a shame because up until now, it was a fairly good phone and I could overlook the other shortcomings.  This thread, however, confirms that the shoddy quality and service provided by HTC is a widespread problem.  Goodbye HTC, hello Nokia!

0 Likes
aseeley

And here comes yet another one with the soft key issues.  At this point, if I have to change ANY screens I need to reboot the phone. I have tried all the troubleshooting issues they suggest, to no avail.

You would think, with 18 pages of issues addressing the exact same complaint, that Verizon might actually want to do something about it!  Maybe have HTC address their issues and help the consumer out.  Ah well, we all know that us little people mean nothing.  It is absolutely ludicrous, there are obviously bigger issues Verizon doesn't want to acknowledge.

Perhaps this is their version of built in obsolescence...

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry you're having issues with your soft keys aseeley. We hear everyone loud and clear and would never ignore issues our customers are experiencing. I know it can be frustrating when you're attempting to use the phone and have to reboot it. Thanks for trying all the trouble-shooting steps we have recommended. If you still have issues and your phone is within the 1year manufactures warranty, we can discuss a warranty replacement if there is no damage to the device. If you're past the 1year warranty or have damage to your phone, I recommend an insurance claim if you have this feature on your line.

KinquanaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
ihsrc777
Enthusiast - Level 2

>>Post removed; discussion of rooting/hacking devices is prohibited on this forum ... see Verizon Wireless Terms of Service<<

Edited by:  Verizon Moderator

ihsrc777
Enthusiast - Level 2

I forgot to mention that both of those apps are also on the pull down menu bar at the top of the Rezound screen, so they are always available that way too.

0 Likes
Keister
Enthusiast - Level 1

Add my Rezound to the list of broken soft keys. Like the others: phone was never dropped, hard resets and factory resets did nothing (I think everyone in the community other than VZW realizes this is a HARDWARE issue that, obviously, can not be resolved by power cycles).

>>Comments removed; discussion of rooting/hacking devices is prohibited on this forum ... see Verizon Wireless Terms of Service<<

0 Likes
ihsrc777
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for the reply! I just hope many others with that particular problem will see it. Rooting is the way to go! 🙂

0 Likes
ihsrc777
Enthusiast - Level 2

>>Post removed; discussion of rooting/hacking devices is prohibited on this forum ... see Verizon Wireless Terms of Service<<

0 Likes