Re: HTC Rezound soft keys not responding?
jrdavis40

I would like to add my phone to the mix.  No response from my soft keys.  I think they build in an annoyance sequence into these phones.  Luckily I only have to endure it for a month before I can upgrade but wish I was not forces into an upgrade due to a sub-par phone.  Verizon's response was to enroll in Verizon Edge and pay full price for the phone.  No Thanks! Hopefully Samsung makes a better produce than HTC when I upgrade.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want you to enjoy reliable performance from your Rezound jrdavis40! How long ago did this start? I recommend removing the battery and SIM card for starters. If the device still doesn't respond, please test in safe mode to rule out third party app conflict. http://tiny.cc/cdcj7w

JonathanK_VZW
VZW Support
Follow Us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes
jrdavis40

Just wanted to update the forum that I replaced the digitizer on my phone and it fixed the problem.  This repair is not for the faint of heart but it is possible.  I purchased the digitizer only.  There are several walk throughs on how to do it if you search for it.  Good luck to everyone else having this issue with their phones.

0 Likes
khukman

In case anyone else happens across this problem, I have found a free solution.  My old Rezound (now relegated to Wifi use only), had this issue.  I downloaded an app called Button Savior.  It has an arrow that sits to any side of the display.  When you hit the arrow, a row of 'soft' capacitive buttons appear with home, back, latest apps, etc.  Problem solved and it doesn't cost a dime! 

Have a great day!

0 Likes
dbudnick

Add my phone to the list. Just started on my a few days ago. My upgrade is up in march 30 trying to hold out to get the S5 hope it gets released by then.

0 Likes
kekuso

Same problem, been about a week since the buttons stopped working completely. I am forced to use an app called virtualbuttonroot to access the 4 soft key button functions. Lesson learned: never buy a phone with capacitive buttons again...and make use of the warranty before it expires...

0 Likes
jmcinvale

My home button is acting like I am repeatedly pressing it even though I am not.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jmcinvale, let's get to the bottom of this together. Was there any physical or water damage on the phone? Here is an excellent link with troubleshooting steps: http://vz.to/1aLyP4I Click the Device Settings and Issues tab. If the issues continues to persist, we can explore other replacement options. Keep us posted!

WiltonA_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
russrock1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Well, well, well Verizon....seems that this problem that I brought to your attention months ago has become a full blown pandemic of sorts. Yet your sniveling customer service reps continue to come into this thread offering nothing but fake, sympathetic jargon responses to your customers. Well im done with you now. Your non-caring approach and choice to not do anything for your customers on this issue leaves me no choice but to (removed) as I march out the door to a wireless provider that isn't Verizon after February.

I've been with you for years but there is no incentive to stay any longer. What Verizon once represented is a thing of the past now. You don't care about your customers. You continue the jack up rates while your customer service goes to hell year after year. There really is no incentive to stay.

Seriously, you have left all these customers hanging with defective phones that they did not break or mishandle. We have been pleading for help on this matter but your disgraceful company does not care so long as we pay you every month..which by the way is by far the most expensive carrier to go with.

Why you and HTC have not even attempted to correct this issue is infuriating. (removed)

Comment edited as required by the Terms of Service.

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes
roshi1975
Enthusiast - Level 1

I can't believe that this problem has been known for so long and every time a VZ rep tries to respond to it they always come up with the same thing "is it damaged?" No, no one has ever said yes I dropped my phone on it base and now its not working right...read what we are saying, the phone STOPPED WORKING, nothing happened to it, it just stopped working. ALL the soft keys are non responsive and we have to root it to get a usable phone out of this thing that we are now stuck with until our upgrade date unless our sales rep actually paid attention and sold us the right plan so we can replace it with the extended warranty, but they pay as much attention as you do, so that didn't happen and of course I didn't notice that they signed me up for the wrong plan because I stupidly thought they got it right since I am being charged for INSURANCE that did not cover my phone but the other two phones that I got the same day happen to have it. I wish it was easy to deal with as I love the coverage but I may just have to go elsewhere to get the actual service I need as VZ doesn't know how to supply it to the people that pay them. I loved my phone except for the small little problem that I CAN'T USE IT.

0 Likes