Re: HTC Rezound soft keys not responding?
russrock1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Ok....I have the same damn problem. The 4 soft keys suddenly stopped responding last week.

I have babied this phone and its never been mistreated at all.

The damn buttons don't work and the Verizon salesperson said I will "unfortunately, have to deal with it."

So now i am contractually obligated to Verizon Wireless with a substandard device that's 1 and 1/2 yrs old?

This is BS, the phone is barely functional without these keys. So i'm just screwed?

0 Likes
Cbyrdjr

I ended up rooting mine and installing a custom rom.  I got tired of pulling the battery 3 or 4 times a day.  The phone works perfect now.

It's a shame that with the number of people complaining about this problem here and on other forums dedicated to this phone that Verizon will not acknowledge there was a problem with the recent update.

0 Likes
russrock1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Just got off the phone with HTC on this issue.

They offer no help on the this matter and don't recognize this soft-key issue as a real problem (i.e. recall).

They want me to send the phone to them, for which I time will be without a phone, and spend an estimated $90-110 for the repair. They cant give me a specific quote without my device in their hands so who knows how expensive this could be. Being I'm outside the warranty window of 1-year i'm getting screwed. If the device was several years old I could understand but it's a flipping 1&1/2 old phone!!!!!! It can't even make it through a freaking 2-year contract...sheesh!!!!

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

FYI, discussion of custom modifications to the phones are frowned upon here because of the Terms of Service for the forum.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
russrock1
Enthusiast - Level 3

FYI, Verizon and HTC don't give us much choice.

0 Likes
Cbyrdjr

Then I guess linking this google search will most certainly upset some people

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=rezound+soft+keys+not+working+after+update

Factory resets don't fix it either.  I simply stated what I did to fix mine.  I certainly didn't go into details on how to do it, nor would I suggest anyone trying it who hasn't worked with Android devices.  You can turn your almost worthless phone into a completely worthless one.

0 Likes
ArtieC99
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just adding my name to the people with the same issue.  My rezounds buttons have stopped working too.

0 Likes
russrock1
Enthusiast - Level 3

So, I sent my phone to HTC with this soft key problem.  This sending out to fix occurred because I called Verizon. The Verizon rep transferred me over to HTC who in turn told me I had to send my phone in for repair. I thought fine, whatever, just fix it. I'm sick and tired of the run around.

Just got a email from HTC....$160 to fix this phone. I'm at the point i'm ready to explode. I need my phone and I am only up for a new one in February. That's a long way off. Again, I believe this to be a software issue. The phone was never abused. What? An HTC product can't make it the duration of a 2-year contract without going to crap?

Anyone have any insight on this. I feel im getting screwed over.

0 Likes
russrock1
Enthusiast - Level 3

BTW...im using my old Samsung Omnia while waiting on my Rezound to be fixed. The Omnia still seems to function my dear Verizon/HTC.

What? You sell inferior products now?

0 Likes
Cbyrdjr

I'm not allowed to tell you how I did it here, but I did fix mine.  If you're desperate, Google is your friend.

0 Likes