Re: HTC Rezound soft keys not responding?
smitty305

I too am having an issue with my soft keys not responding. I happen to own two of these and they just went off warranty eleven days ago!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi smitty305,

I'm sorry to see that your phones are not working properly and that manufacturers warranty has expired. Do you have insurance on them? If so, submit a claim online http://bit.ly/07CrqPK and get replacements pronto!

AntonioC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

0 Likes
chadndallas
Enthusiast - Level 1

Add me to the list.  The phone is useless now!!  I called htc and the woman said, hmm i've never heard of this problem before!  I said no way.  You cant tell me I am the first person to call you about this problem.  I said its all over the internet.  And she said well, 1 person gets online and posts about it 1,000 times using different names.. I'm not buying HTC again and I am shutting off verizon next month.  Verizon said since I am eligible for an upgrade they would not warranty the phone.  So, not only is verizons data side crappy these days, but the voice quality sounds like metro pcs!!!  on this rezound.   So, i'm moving to att.

Comments edited for content as required by the Terms of Service.

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes
mwnance
Enthusiast - Level 2

Add 1 more to the list of softkeys not working.

VERIZON - Please don't respond with telling me to reset phone or remove apps.  If you read the previous 16 pages of response you will see that is not going to help.  If you REALLY care about our experience own up to the fact the phones have a problem.

0 Likes
drf706

Add another to the list. Before customer support gives me the standard response, no the phone is no longer under warranty and I do not have insurance on it. I have tried all of the resets and suggestions mentioned in previous replies to no avail. My phone has had no abuse and works great with the exception of the soft keys. A well maintained phone should at the very least be able to get you through a 2 year contract. With 6 months left on my contract I guess I will limp to the finish.

0 Likes
IBAChicago

Same with mine - HTC via Verizon really needs to step up to the plate here and start replacing those of us impacted with an obvious quality and or design problem.  Out of warranty or not, they (both) are on the way to a class action lawsuit by ignoring the soft key issue. 

0 Likes
GregL99

I also need to add my Rezound to the list.  I tried restarts, battery removal, removing apps.  I just added the "ToHome" app.  It puts a button in the pull down menu that I use to get out of apps.  I have not found a "return" or "menu" button yet.  I am up for an upgrade on January.  Time to start shopping around.

0 Likes
michman

Please add me to the list also.  I'm trying to work around with some apps but they don't work as well.  I've tried all of the other stuff shown here short or rooting.

0 Likes
roshi1975
Enthusiast - Level 1

I also am having the same problem I have added the suggested apps to work around but don't want to root my phone incase someday verizon actually helps us out, so I can only go to the home page, any other work arounds for just using the back button?

0 Likes
roshi1975
Enthusiast - Level 1

sadly this (post follow up by timotheus2443) was the most helpful reply to any, and of course did not come from Verizon as they are no help.

0 Likes