Re: HTC Rezound soft keys not responding?
Bburg
Enthusiast - Level 2

While VZW stews over this situation, I did opt to download Smart Taskbar v.1 and then opted for the pro version for < $2. It does restore functionality to the Rezound.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.smart.taskbar&hl=en

I'll use this until my upgrade comes around next month and then I'll stop using HTC phones as this problem seems to be  associated with their brand. Give it a try.  It's easy to figure out and use. Disclaimer: I have not association with the developer. There are other forums where this topic is being discussed but there is no real solution that has emerged

As for he VZW rep. Maybe jhe might ask his sister how her Rezound's soft keys are working? Isn't there anyone who works at VZW using this phone and experiencing problems? (doubtful). I do agree that all we see from VZW and HTC are the same tired (and tried) fixes that don't work and reminding us of warranties and extended warranties. They should "recall" this phone and give us something that works.

0 Likes
mtc410

Add another person to the list.  My soft keys are no longer working,  Funny this happens 2 weeks past the 1 year warranty date! Smiley Sad

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I understand your frustration if you are experiencing subpar reliability with your device russrock1. Devices purchased directly from us or an authorized agent include a one year manufacturer warranty. How old is your Rezound? Being that it involves the physical keys, have you had the opportunity to have it evaluated in person? This would be a helpful troubleshooting step. http://bit.ly/3SdsA

Jonathan_VZW
Please follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the assist demmo86rt, We do offer an extended warranty for most of our devices at the point of sale. It's a great way to gain the peace of mind when making such an investment in your wireless device. May I ask did you have this wonderful feature added to your account kll03? If so then we can check which option is best. If not then please advise so we can explore additional options.

Arnett_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

IvyDJ, we certainly don't want you to go! I want to help change the way you feel about us! I can understand your need to have a working phone! Have you ever tried this: http://vz.to/OPvlTr and retested? Have you ever had the device replaced? Any other issues with the phone? Please give more details. I would love to help!

Sammuel_VZW

0 Likes
russrock1
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am trying to keep my patience here but these responses about 1-year warranty, extended warranty, hard reset, and various other BS is working my last nerve. Here are the facts:

• Multiple users have the same problem with the soft keys gradually/quickly becoming unresponsive.
  • This problem has started to occur ever since the last forced Verizon upgrade to these phones.
  • Many of us if not all of us are without warranty coverage.
  • Our phones are useless or only semi functional with a 3rd party app with on screen home button.

Now, until a rep has useful info to give us then I suggest to all Verizon reps to not post anything here because it only reinforces the assumption that Verizon/HTC does not give a flying "you know what" about their customers. Enough is enough, we didn't break our phones and this is not an isolated problem. Start investigating the problem and come back once you have something that can actually help us.

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

If the phones are out of warranty, it greatly limits the options any VZW rep can offer.

Has anyone gone to HTC to ask about this issue?  If it a manufacture problem, HTC might have repair or other service option available.

Verizon Wireless doesn't offer repair options.  They are in the business of providing the signal service..

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Bburg
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello Samuel (VZW rep above) -

You directed us to an IPhone resource. We are speaking of the HTC Rezound.

Nornee
Enthusiast - Level 3

Verizon sold me this phone, and required that I make a two-year commitment to a cellular phone and data plan. Verizon also forced upon me the software update that broke the phone. The result? After only 13 months into my 24-month commitment, the device is rendered virtually useless directly related to Verizon's actions.

Verizon is my sole contact, and they most certainly should be solving this problem for me and all their other valuable customers.

The reps that are responsible for troubleshooting issues in this forum should be able to recognize the scope of this issue, and escalate it to someone who is able to get it resolved for ALL, not just the lucky ones who purchased the device within the last 12 months.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Bburg, thanks for posting. I can understand how upsetting this can be. Did you try to "wipe the cache partition"? Did it help? Have you ever had the device replaced? Please give more details. We are here to help!

Sammuel_VZW

0 Likes