Re: HTC Rezound soft keys not responding?
Nornee
Enthusiast - Level 3

FYI a response to a story at Android Central announcing that VZW is making a big announcement at an event in NYC on 7/23 (http://www.androidcentral.com/verizon-holding-event-nyc-july-23)

"Can someone who's attending please ask for comments on the epic fail of the HTC Rezound (soft keys stopped working for everyone since May update)? Thanks! I can't include the link, but the forum in VZW's community is entitled "HTC Rezound soft keys not responding?""

Maybe we'll get some more attention.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Nornee wrote:

FYI a response to a story at Android Central announcing that VZW is making a big announcement at an event in NYC on 7/23 (http://www.androidcentral.com/verizon-holding-event-nyc-july-23)

"Can someone who's attending please ask for comments on the epic fail of the HTC Rezound (soft keys stopped working for everyone since May update)? Thanks! I can't include the link, but the forum in VZW's community is entitled "HTC Rezound soft keys not responding?""

Maybe we'll get some more attention.

Are you asking for a miracle?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

More often than not, those sort of highly off-topic posts are completely ignored, if not deleted all together.

0 Likes
arens6
Enthusiast - Level 1

Throwing my hat in the ring. My soft keys quit working right after the last software update. Good thing my contract is up at the end of the month. When a company pushes out a software update that breaks users phones and does not fix them at no cost since the user is not at fault that is very poor on the companies side. I have loved my HCT phone unti now.

I have done the hard resets, clearing cache, pulled the battery, run in safe mode and all have failed. I rooted my phone and still no softkeys. Guess I will put a custom ROM and uses for the last few weeks then go with another service provider.

Way to fail your customers Verizon.

Nornee
Enthusiast - Level 3

demmo86rt wrote:

More often than not, those sort of highly off-topic posts are completely ignored, if not deleted all together.

In my experience, nothing ventured is nothing gained.  I'm not expecting a miracle (Thanks for your concern, ).

0 Likes
Bburg
Enthusiast - Level 2

There's been a lot of discussion here about the most recent software as the culprit.

I never got the most recent version.  Mine is the one that was pushed out last August - when we got ICS.  It's  3.14.605.12 and not "13".

At least one other  poster here said after experiencing this softkey problem - they had rooted their phone - to no avail.

Earlier on, one of the VZW reps, Melissam_vzw (post #66) invited us to share some phone info.  She seems genuinely working to get this addressed. Consider sending her your info.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@pghvzwcust,

You deserve to have a working phone at all times! I can imagine how frustrating this whole situation has been for you.

It sounds like you have done some great troubleshooting on your own. The last step would be the hard reset and since you have already done it and the issue persist, we may need to have the phone replaced.

Has there been any damage to the device? Have you taken into a VZW store for a hands on evaluation?

John_VZW
Please follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
ArtieC99
Enthusiast - Level 2

These verizon rep smoke screens are getting ridiculous.

0 Likes
pghvzwcust

There is no damage at all. I have not taken it in to my local store yet.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Dear arens6,

Good morning. Updates are meant to improve your device. I know how frustarting it can be when your device has stop working properly after an update.

I understand you have gone through many troublehsooting steps such as
hard reset, clearing cache,battery pull, running phone in safe mode. At this point if there is no physical or water damage and the phone was still under warranty, we would replace your phone with the same make and model. However, since the device has been rooted, it voids the warranty on your phone. I apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused.

Thank You,
Michelle_VZW
Please follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes