HTC Rezound stuck in a boot-loop
br17gsp

Hi all. I have a HTC Rezound that was purchased from Verizon six months ago, and I just started having a big problem with it. The phone is stock and locked, and I was/am up-to-date with the latest ota update. Yesterday, I tried turning on the WiFi, and it would start to scan and then immediately disconnect. I didn't really think anything of it at the time, so I just turned on 4G and went about my day. I had the same issue today, however, so I decided to reboot my phone. When I did, it brought up the white and green HTC screen for a few seconds, and then proceeded to reboot - over and over again. I went through the online support here at verizonwireless.com, and it was suggested that I do a factory reset. I couldn't get into the OS, so I used HBOOT and completed the factory reset. It is still rebooting repeatedly. Any suggestions? Does it sound like this might be a hardware issue that would be covered by manufacturer warranty? Thanks in advance for any help!

0 Likes
Re: HTC Rezound stuck in a boot-loop
Dorkmaster
Contributor - Level 2

Do the below procedure

1.  take off the back cover

2.  take out the battery

3.  remove the 4G SIM card  (and leave it out)

4.  put the battery back in

5.  turn on the phone (it should boot fine, with the exception of it saying there is no SIM card inserted…this is fine, just ignore this for now)

6.  from the homescreen…hit menu > settings > wireless and networks > mobile networks > network mode > select LTE/CDMA

7.  turn off the phone

8.  take off the back cover

9.  take out the battery

10.  re-insert the 4G SIM card

11.  put the battery back in

12.  turn on the phone

This is what I did to fix my bootlooping problem with my Rezound. Let me know if this works for you also. There are some other tricks, but you first have to stop the constant bootlooping.

0 Likes
br17gsp

Thanks, but it is still boot-looping even without the sim card.

0 Likes
Dorkmaster
Contributor - Level 2

What I did to find some answers, I went online and in the search engine, i typed in "rezound boot looping", you find alot of forums about it, it is a problem with the rezound, or take it in to the verizon you bought it from and exchange, under warranty.

0 Likes
br17gsp

Thanks again, Dorkmaster. I did some research online and tried just about everything I could to get it unstuck, but to no avail. I contacted Verizon, and the rep agreed that it must be a hardware issue of some kind.

0 Likes