Re: HTC Rezound update has shortened battery life and causing device to run hot anyone having issues?
jay_s
Enthusiast - Level 2

budone wrote:

Thanks Tidbits. Is that the VZW GPS setting??? The one I never turn on???

I've read in other threads and forums (as well earlier in this thread) that it may also serve some function with tower switching, but I'm not sure.

Jay S.

0 Likes
Re: HTC Rezound update has shortened battery life and causing device to run hot anyone having issues?
jay_s
Enthusiast - Level 2

To all,

Just heard from the Verizon Tech Rep I've been working with that HTC is now fully aware of the problem and that VZW and HTC are trying to resolve..  obviously no time frames for a fix or how it would be delivered.  That said, at least good to hear it is on the radar..  I'd still recommend that if you're having the issue to call in and try to get a problem ticket assigned.

Jay S.

0 Likes
tloyd
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ahhh, thanks...for reposting with the plus signs? Why shouldn't I complain about an update ruining my phone?

0 Likes
tloyd
Enthusiast - Level 2

Will definitely call Verizon about a fix.

0 Likes
DaD2B33
Enthusiast - Level 2

I wouldnt waste a lot of time calling verizon looking for a fix or even a chance at an honest answer. I have spent more time on the phone with them over my old Bionic and got nowhere at all.They will tell you what you want to hear and promise call backs that never come just to try to put your mind at ease. I have read a lot of forums with a lot of supposed quick fixes or fixes that dont help at all. Even if they do its for a short time and not worth the effort. One company blames the other and wont take responsibility for anything. It cant hurt for people to call just so they know how many are having issues and can note it but thats all they will do. If who ever needs to create the fix is going to do it, we have to sit back at just wait for the fix.

I cant stand facebook either and there are what, 3 or 4 apps running for it? I'd sooner deal with a draining battery than have that crap on my phone. I dont think I have gotten the boot looping someone mentioned but I am not sure exactly what it is so I may have. Battery drains and a few added apps are the worst I have gotten from the update but its 1 too many things a perfectly good phone could have done without. They ruined one their best phone with that update.

0 Likes
jay_s
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well at least you agree that people should call in to let them know how widespread the issue is. 🙂  I haven't had that type of service experience on this issue, and Verizon is usually pretty good about keeping things in records about what's happening on your phone, etc.  Again, as I think I stated here.. there was no blaming between the two CSRs (Verizon and HTC) when we all spoke,, Both were digging in to whatever materials they could and each (with me on the phone) took ownership of various pieces, and the Verizon CSR has kept me posted with multiple direct emails.

I also try to remember a CSR's job, which is thankless. Not sure I can think of too many other jobs where all day long, all you hear is someone complaining or having an issue about something, and having to try to be courteous, responsive, etc., etc. with every single caller.  Don't get me wrong, I've had my share of REALLY bad CSRs and have talked to countless supervisors (also not always effective), but in general, most try to be as helpful as they can.

Jay S.

0 Likes