HTC Rezound way too fragile for normal use
wannahunt

My several Blackberry products were sort of like Timex watches "takes a beating..."  The very first time my new HTC Rezound hit the ground - which happened b/c the case did not hold it properly - the glass cracked.  I see now that everyone was complaining about the Rezound not getting the Gorilla Glass treatment, and now I understand why.  Other than using my insurance which just raised the deductible to $100, is there a way to get the phone repaired for a reasonable fee?  Can you request the stronger glass be used?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: HTC Rezound way too fragile for normal use
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Any repair through a third party would void the warranty. The cracked glass might have done this already.

I don't believe Verizon will be able to recommend having the phone repaired. You can always search on the web for a company that specializes in cell phone repair if you really don't want to pay the deductible of your insurance. The deductible is certainly less expensive than purchasing a new phone at full retail price.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Any repair through a third party would void the warranty. The cracked glass might have done this already.

I don't believe Verizon will be able to recommend having the phone repaired. You can always search on the web for a company that specializes in cell phone repair if you really don't want to pay the deductible of your insurance. The deductible is certainly less expensive than purchasing a new phone at full retail price.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

wannahunt wrote:

My several Blackberry products were sort of like Timex watches "takes a beating..."  The very first time my new HTC Rezound hit the ground - which happened b/c the case did not hold it properly - the glass cracked.  I see now that everyone was complaining about the Rezound not getting the Gorilla Glass treatment, and now I understand why.  Other than using my insurance which just raised the deductible to $100, is there a way to get the phone repaired for a reasonable fee?  Can you request the stronger glass be used?

Gorilla Glass...  That is so hyped up... It doesn't guarantee that it won't get scratches or cracks.  It just lower the chances of it happening.  I know of people that have had devices with GG and dropped it less than 4ft off the ground and the screen still broke.

0 Likes
DaddyOfOz
Enthusiast - Level 1

>Duplicate post deleted. Follow this post at the link below:<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes