HTC Rhyme: Keeps restarting homescreen when I close app?
gracer12345

So I have the HTC Rhyme and have been having problems with it lately. For about a week now, whenever I open an app, once I go to close it, the screen restarts and the white "HTC" screen appears before bringing me to my home screen, which at this point all of my widgets and stuff reset and have to reload. It is happening with EVERY app (Facebook, Messages, Gmail, etc.) and I don't understand why it keeps doing this. I have tried cleaning out my internal storage and my SD card, but that doesn't seem to change anything. I really don't want to have to factory reset my phone because I don't want to lose all my pictures and apps and contacts. Has this happened to anyone else? Is there another way to fix it? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: HTC Rhyme: Keeps restarting homescreen when I close app?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Gracer12345
I'm sorry your having an issue with the HTC Rhyme. It sounds like this may be an app causing this issue. Have you recently downloaded a new app? Try powering the device in Safe mode and retest. Here's how: http://bit.ly/VMcJkh Your pictures should be backed up with your SD card, Apps and contacts will be backed up by Gmail.

JoeL_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Gracer12345
I'm sorry your having an issue with the HTC Rhyme. It sounds like this may be an app causing this issue. Have you recently downloaded a new app? Try powering the device in Safe mode and retest. Here's how: http://bit.ly/VMcJkh Your pictures should be backed up with your SD card, Apps and contacts will be backed up by Gmail.

JoeL_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
gracer12345

Hi--I am going to try this out, but I haven't really downloaded any new

apps recently. I don't really remember when I downloaded any of my current

apps either, so I don't know which ones are most recent. Should I just

continue with this process or is there a way to check which apps I have

most recently downloaded?

Grace

On Tue, Jun 3, 2014 at 8:17 PM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes