HTC Rhyme Mail Problems!
newHTC_RhymeUser

Last week, I got my new HTC Rhyme. After playing around with it, I discovered the Mail function doesn't work. Keeps giving me the error message: "503 80201: Getting Token Failed" when I try to set it up. Contacted Verizon through live chat and we went through a series of problem solving steps. Restarted. Didn't help. Can go through the web browser just fine and access email but still can't go through the Mail function setup. Tried a couple of different email accounts and both Yahoo & Gmail result in the same error message: "503 80201: Getting Token Failed". Finally, even the reactivation didn't resolve the issue so they sent me a replacement phone.

New replacement has arrived and yet the same problem continues!! I'm still getting the error message: "503 80201: Getting Token Failed". This is incredibly frustrating. I have contacted Verizon again and am awaiting a response. What the heck is wrong??

0 Likes
Re: HTC Rhyme Mail Problems!
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Gmail address should be added to the Gmail application.

Try adding the rest of your email account under the "Other" accounts and manually add the server information.

There are also similar discussions within the community. It sometimes help to search the community for any similar discussions before posting a new one.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
cscilley
Enthusiast - Level 3

I think the problem is with the mail app and not with the phone.  I use the gmail app instead of the regular mail app.  I also use a yahoo mail app for my yahoo mail.

Carolyn

0 Likes
prentiss80

Have you tried taking it to the store, my son set mines up and no problem.  I have a gmail account.  If you have not done so, I would take it a retail store.  I hope it works out for you

0 Likes
deerduke

NOTHING works to get my Rhyme to push emails. No Gmail, no hotmail, no yahoo, no windows live. POP settings say they work, but don't. I've been digging around the net, and it seems a common problem with this particular phone, and yet I see no where where someone has made a fix.

0 Likes
Scarlett1234

I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM!!! ALL WAS FINE UNTIL YESTERDAY AND NOW NO EMAIL

0 Likes
Yeegads

This happens to me often.  I am pretty tired of resetting my phone to factory setting to fix the problem. It has happened again today. No emails since yesterday. I too use Hotmail/outlook. When I reset  to factory settings it fixes it but them  reloading my apps and passwords is a real pain.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Yeegads,

Sure, a hard reset option is there to help, but hey, we don't want you having to do this constantly. How long has this been an issue? Do you have any other email providers that on your phone that don't experience the same issues? We want to help.

EvanO_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes