Re: HTC Rhyme ring volume while in Dock
ACWN
Enthusiast - Level 3

Same here, unfortunately. I was able to change the settings while the phone was docked (phone in dock, long press HTC CR M540), but when I took it out and put it back in, the settings had been reapplied. No matter what I have done, the settings are not saved once the phone is removed from the dock and put back in.

So, apparently you have to change the settings every time you dock your phone because its disconnecting and reconnecting or pairing or whatever the bluetooth every time.

0 Likes
ACWN
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hi there,

I followed your instructions while my phone was in the dock and it worked, however every time I take the phone out and put it back in, the settings are reapplied and I have to edit them again.

Did you get yours to save those settings even after its been taken out of the dock and put back in? If so, how?

Thanks!

0 Likes
coycat0614

I was able to follow the directions but it still interrupts music when it "rings"  Has anyone found a way to completely turn off the incoming calls?

0 Likes
ACWN
Enthusiast - Level 3

The instructions are mostly to stop the phone audio from ringing super loud through the dock and playing any set ringtones rather than a generic ring the dock does.

Have you tried putting the phone on vibrate then play music through the dock? I know it sounds odd, but since its bluetooth, it may work similar to having headphones in the audio jack. I can play music in my car via my phone while my phone is still on vibrate by plugging in the jack.

0 Likes
coycat0614

Interesting...I will try that next!

Sent from my Verizon Wireless Smartphone

0 Likes
ACWN
Enthusiast - Level 3

It may still interrupt it though as it is, ultimately, a phone rather than a music player and the point of it is to send and recieve calls.

0 Likes
spyke562
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hey ACWN,

The steps I have outlined in my last post were to turn off the ringer via the BT settings while the phone is docked. At the time those settings were orking fine. However, the last OTA update seemed to have broke these settings. Since the update the setting will not save.

I am in the process of search the XDA forums for a fix. I might just end up unlocking the bootloader, rooting, and flash a costume ROM. My be better then running with Verizon's bloat.

I will post back if I find anything.

Good luck!

0 Likes