HTC Rhyme won't charge
momager10

I've never had an issue with my HTC Rhyme, but I went to plug it in to charge last night and it won't charge either through the docking station or by direct plug in.  I'm assuming battery?  Any other suggestions?

0 Likes
Re: HTC Rhyme won't charge
daddy7451

We have the same issue with this phone.   We can't get it to charge either on docking station or wall charger.  Since there is no removable battery to replace I would love an answer from Verizon as to what can be done.  See that no one has responded to your initial post from June.  Hopefully we can get someone to answer this soon. 

0 Likes
lightbias

Mine just started this too, where it won't charge.  Now the battery gets so hot that I can't hold it if it's been on the charger too long.  I've turned the phone completely off, and tried to charge that way, but nothing is helping.  I think I'm going to have a pretty good feeling about buying the insurance on this one.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We never ignore our customers issues daddy7451. We care because charging your phone is definitely important to staying connected to friends and family. I'm sorry you're having issues with charging your phone. Is the charging port, phone or charger damaged? Sometimes the charging port can be loose or damaged and cause issues with phone charging. Are you using the charger that came with your phone If your phone is not damaged at all and still within the one-year manufactures warranty, it can be replaced. I look forward to hearing from your.

Kinquana_VZW
Please follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@lightbias

I see you have tried a number of troubleshooting steps to resolve the device issue!  Is the charging issue intermittent or does it not recognize the charge at all?  Are you using the wall charger that came with your device?  Please check the charging ports for any damage or liquid corrosion.  If these problems are still happening after completing these steps, I highly recommend taking the phone, battery and chargers into one of our store locations http://bit.ly/TnUkMM so they can determine which part is defective.  Please keep me informed!

AnthonyTa_VZW
Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
lightbias

Anthony,

I have tried numerous things.  I had it charging on the dock, my wall charger and my car charger and nothing seemed to help.  The phone actually became too hot to touch a few times.  Now, it is staying cool.  Don't know why, but today it's better as far as temperature, but it still won't hold a charge for more than maybe fifteen minutes.

I went to the local Verizon store and Omar took very good care of me.  I will be sending this phone back to Verizon.

Thank you for your attention,

Paula

0 Likes
eheynach

I am also having this problem. I know it's not the charger because it worked on my friends htc rhyme. I think something has become loose on the actual phone. I know I didn't get insurance on my phone but I've had it less than a year. Am I likely going to need a new phone or can they do something to my current phone to fix it? Also, since it's been less than a year is there some kind of warranty? Just wondering if I'm going to have the expense of a new phone coming up Smiley Sad

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for sharing your concern eheynach. I'm confident that we can partner togather and get the best solution for you. After all, who wants to be without their phone? May I ask is there any liquid or physical damage on the device? Also, have you tried a different charger on your phone. I highly recommend this step since you have confirmed that you already tried your charger on another device. Once you have done so then please update us on your findings so we can offer the most accurate solution.

Thank you...

Arnett_VZW
Please follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
TBrannock

I am having the same issue.  Phone will not take a charge either through the direct line or on the charging station.  I have had this phone for only 4 months.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's get that phone charged up for you TBrannock.  Is there any damage to your device? Have you tried any other chargers on your phone beside the two that you have? Please keep us posted. We will find a solution for you.

Thanks, BobbyS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes