Re: HTC Sync doesn't recognize my Thunderbolt
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
I too have windows 7 at 64 bit with HTC Sync installed. I only have it installed to get the drivers for debugging.

Every time I connect the Tbolt to the PC, I use mount as disk drive or charge only if I am planning to make screenshots. My computer has recognized the phone almost every time. If it didn't, I would disconnect the phone and try again. It would work the next time.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Hi everyone!

Has anyone else had success when enabling the LTE/CDMA under 'Settings>Wireless & Networks> Mobile Networks>Network Mode' ?  

Also, ensure the computer meets all system requirements on the HTC Sync website under the 'more' link there.  If you continue to have issues, please contact HTC. They do offer support for their sync products.

Thank you!

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
@Adam
What does the (cellular) network mode have to with connecting the phone to the computer to transfer files or sync contacts?

As far as I know, nothing.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Ann154 wrote:
@Adam
What does the (cellular) network mode have to with connecting the phone to the computer to transfer files or sync contacts?

As far as I know, nothing.

I was wondering this also, I experiance this from time to time and also I have issues with SDK connection also but usually a reboot of device resolves this for me but this isnt always the solution that works..  HTC Sybc is as unstable as Motorolas sync app in my opinion..

0 Likes
ctincda

I have tried everything that you all have mentioned. I even went to a pay-for program: Android Sync. It didn't work, luckily they refunded my $19.95. I uninstalled HTC Sync and will re-install but from the comments that doesn't work either.  Seriously?  Verizon and/or HTC can't get this resolved?  REALLY?

0 Likes