HTC Thunderbolt Firmware Upgrade Prolems
MaxRevs911

I purchased the Thunderbolt the first day Verizon offered it and it paired and worked seamlessly with my 2010 BMW M3 allowing hands free calling and receiving calls, etc.  Several days ago I did a firmware update on the phone and then noticed that it would no longer connect with my car.  I "unpaired" the phone and car from each device and started all over with pairing the two devices.  I paired the phone and the car.  The phone sees the car and the car sees the phone.  The phone will transfer my address book to the car.  Everything appears correct but the phone will no longer "connect" with the car meaning that it exchanges data but will no allow phone calls to be made or received through the car's bluetooth system. 

I called Verizon support and after lengthy conversations with two different people I was told to call HTC because the firmware upgrade was there responsibility.  I called HTC and the tech told me that the firmware upgrade was a Verizon upgrade to fix existing problems with VCast and they were not responsible for the bluetooth issue.  The HTC tech said I may have to wait for the next upgrade.  Verizon told me I could not go back to the previous firmware version.  The firmware version is 1.70.605.0.

Has anyone else experienced this kind of problem after upgrading the firmware?  Does anyone have a solution?

0 Likes