Re: HTC Thunderbolt. Getting closer(?)
AZSALUKI
Legend

i was in best buy yesterday to get a microwave so i went over to the phones just to see what they had. there was an entire HTC display with various phones on various carriers. nothing regarding the tbolt. so i asked the guy there and he chuckled a bit and told me they have no idea what's going on, why it was in sunday's ad, or when to expect it. he also said they weren't taking deposits on them anymore and he thought they were actually contacting those who put $50 down on them to return their $.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
Hey I was in my local Best Buy yesterday too. :smileyhappy: I found it completely hilarious that they had both covers and Zagg Shields on display and for sale. I mentioned it to the sales person and she too said that the Thunderbolt was supposed to be out on the 14th and then the phones didn't show. I am surprised that the items weren't pulled from the shelves for now.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

and it gets better!!! now i'm seeing the HTC commercials for it (as well as the verizon one with the thunderstorm). i think someone linked it earlier in the thread....but now i'm seeing it run during network primetime....lol. 

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3
0 Likes
BiffsBiz
Enthusiast - Level 3

The Verizon Thunderbolt link (http://phones.verizonwireless.com/htc/thunderbolt/) is now dead, it gives a blank page with the old footenote.  Verizon has also taken down the Thunderbolt Ad.  Does this mean that Verizon has cancelled this product from it's future lineup?

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

must've been doing something to the site.  It'sd back now

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

Well let the release date and lte data plan speculation begin. http://forum.androidcentral.com/htc-thunderbolt/63853-twitter-thunderbolts-go.html

0 Likes
HowBoutThatTide

To add to the already enormous amount of **bleep** on the Thunderbolt, the Verizon store I am going to be using after I switch from AT&T, had a corporate rep in the store to oversee...whatever.  She informed me that the Thunderbolt would be in the store and ready to sell as soon as the doors open on Feb. 28th.  Well, that's today.  This is very frustrating since I am using a phone from about 5 years ago.  This has become a joke.  I have been a nerd all my life, and I realize that when it comes to electronics, sometimes they find bugs and need to delay the release.  I know this.  However, I gave Verizon a $100 deposit because I was guaranteed that I would have the Thunderbolt on the 28th and that the date was "set in stone", her words.  There is no room for politics here.  Just release it, see what happens.  Stop trying to corner the market because Verizon is treating their customers like chess pawns.

If I'm wrong, GIVE US INFORMATION!!!

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3
They're still working on it.

http://www.androidcentral.com/vz-navigator-htc-thunderbolt-now-android-market-sans-phone

On a side note, the Thunderbolt seems to have been deleted due to atrocious battery life which it sounds like has now been fixed. At least Verizon seems to be doing SOME quality control. Ah, well, my contract isn't due up til August anyway.
0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

demmo86rt wrote:
They're still working on it.

http://www.androidcentral.com/vz-navigator-htc-thunderbolt-now-android-market-sans-phone

On a side note, the Thunderbolt seems to have been deleted due to atrocious battery life which it sounds like has now been fixed. At least Verizon seems to be doing SOME quality control. Ah, well, my contract isn't due up til August anyway.

i have a brilliant idea.....DON'T ship this thing with a 1400....lol. i really don't get it. the inc came with a 1300, yet a 1750 fits in it with the same back door. that's 35% more juice. we are talking about the difference between not getting a full day and easily getting a full day. so is there just NO WAY to put an 1700-2000mah battery in the thunderbolt, instead of 1400??? i truly don't get it? is it just so they can immediately sell extended batteries?

0 Likes