Re: HTC Thunderbolt continuously drops all data.
SisterBoyd

Yes and my data connection dropped all the way while it was still in the tech's hands...

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Wildman I'll be happy as this Guy when it' comes to our Town..Low Rider Crusin with some 4G

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

I understand, didn't think there would be that much of difference but once I went 4G there is no going back for me...

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Well Wildman it's Hard for me to See it in these Small towns and it's not Here Yet and Were not Talking a Hundred Miles or 50 Miles away but only 20 miles away in Hands reach.. i mean it's like Waving something in front of me then say no your Not going to Get.! Smiley Sad  He's Going to Get it your gonna Wait. I'd like to see some one do that in Front of a Lyon!  Whoops i'm getting to Excited here. But i guess if i could understood Verizon Goal in all of this the Going and doing a little here or a little there But skipping this and That. It might make it a little easier for the time of it to get Here..Smiley Happy 

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Shockingly, the Tbolt was getting a 4G signal at work today for most of the day. It NEVER did that before. This is at my desk. It was so strange to see it there. The only reason I switched to the Tbolt this weekend was to have it on the line when I asked about that other thing, Wildman. I might just keep it active for a week to see if this signal joy isn't a fluke.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Wildman i was going to add when i was talking to this Manager at one of the Local Stores she Told me that Salina up by Manhatten and a Few other Area's were going to 4G by or Around Aug and she said she Learned this From the Area Manger up In Kc she's on this special board and she pretty well knows what's going on. The only reasone she told me on this was because i mentioned that i surprised that Salina wasn't in the 4G area allot Sooner. See Salina was one of the Main Head Quarters for Kansas Cellular and when Alltel Took over it still played a Vital Roll for Kansas.

But she also mentioned something that i'm still fuzzy on and have been since she Told me and it was that allot More of Towers would've been Updated But because of the Property Owners! Some of them are Not playing Nice at Letting the Techs Get to Then to Update them. So there has been delays.. She said actually you should have been updated By Now. But you will have to Wait a little Longer..

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

In some area the carriers install repeater if you will on tower in the areas that the signal from towers have issues reaching and I am assuming this is what she was speaking of when it comes to that situation.

Sometimes some property owners are not happy to have signal being transmitted from and device is direct contact with their property and some can be a bit difficult under some situations.

The situation your described was similar to when 4G came to KC, I seen it in the Overland Park area near my job before it got switched to the whole area and it can be a nice thing....   Hope it keeps going for you because I cant see doing 3G anymore,   I plot trips around areas sometimes with 4G because I use my device for data on my laptop and cant stand when I drop to 3G, it feels like I dropped to edge (1X)..

0 Likes
phcoffin

I can understand your frustration, but I don't share the experience. There's two reasons why I've stuck with VZW since riding on the PrimeCo merger: a) The overarching *competence* of the staff, especially the customer-facing ones on the support phones, to the point where I've kind of expected that talking to them pretty much always gets a problem sorted on the first call, and b) the fact that useable signal exists very, very many places where other carriers just ... don't have it. Rural wilderness ten miles from the nearest Interstate there's data and voice. There's signal in parking garages. There's signal in subways. That's why the spotty LTE connectivity is so puzzling; there's still bars, and apparently voice is okay. If new roll-out is indeed the cause, because there's data gnomes running down aisles between racks of routers rebooting them to load fresh routing tables, then I can rest comfortably knowing that in a couple more weeks, the roll-out will be done and service will return to its usual comfortable solidity, at least until next spring and the next big push out.

0 Likes
ArcadEd

Just wanted to mention, I am having the exact same issues for the last 2 weeks.   I can barely ever get any kind of data connection now unless I am on wifi. 

I hope a fix is coming soon.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

I believe Ann154 information is correct on the nature of the data issue recently and if she is correct the issue should be resolved once the completed network updates are completed.

Please verify if you are in any of the new 4G addition areas and see when the completed date takes effect, KC where I am at says 07-03-2012 updates was added and my data issue appears to resolved..

Check out at http://news.verizonwireless.com/LTE/Overview.html

0 Likes