HTC Thunderbolt - no longer an option to send a picture via text?
belle77

Why can't I send a picture from the internet via text anymore? I have a Thunderbolt (hold the laughter, please! Smiley Happy  ) and I used to be able to touch and hold an online picture to bring up a menu that had a "send via messages" option. It seems that with the Ice Cream Sandwich "update" we just got, this is no longer an option. Is there another way to do this that I'm missing?

0 Likes
Re: HTC Thunderbolt - no longer an option to send a picture via text?
budone
Legend

Hey, I have the TB, I will not laugh, love the device.

Are you still using the stock messaging app? If so, try another. I use Handcent.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

What options are you getting? I just tried to share a picture from a website with the Dolphin browser. I was able to select a share option for text messages and it creates a message with the link to the picture.

I use the stock message application.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
HTC Thunderbolt - no longer an option to send a picture via text?
belle77

In Chrome, the options are: save, open, open image in new tab.

Firefox has a "share image" option, but the menu no longer incluides the "via Messages" option.
In the default browser, there's an option to link to the picture and send that. However, it used to just drop the picture in the message so that the recipient wouldn't have to open a new link.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Personally I would probably save the picture first to my download folder and then share it via the gallery. Yes it is an extra step, but you will have the picture on the phone to share again if you want to.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes