HTC Thunderbolt text message problem
Xennus

I've had this phone for about a month now.  Sometimes I will click to reply to a text message and then it randomly goes to someone else.  Luckily it hasn't been an embarassing experience yet.  I've read on other forums that other people have this same issue with the Thunderbolt but I haven't seen anything showing the reason why.  

How can this be fixed?  

Thanks,

Tommy

0 Likes
Re: HTC Thunderbolt text message problem
JAK719

I've been having this problem like crazy.  Sent some pretty embarrassing texts to the wrong people.  I've done some research and have been told if you use another client such as handcent the problem wont happen anymore.  SO that's what I did and it hasn't happened again.

0 Likes
TamaraH_VZW
Verizon Employee

Xennus wrote:

I've had this phone for about a month now.  Sometimes I will click to reply to a text message and then it randomly goes to someone else.  Luckily it hasn't been an embarassing experience yet.  I've read on other forums that other people have this same issue with the Thunderbolt but I haven't seen anything showing the reason why.  

How can this be fixed?  

Thanks,

Tommy

Oh no! I have seen & heard other reports of this happening. I can only imagine how embarassing it would be to have a message sent to the wrong person. 

At this time Xennus, I don't have an explanation as to why text responses are going to the incorrect recipient. I too have heard of 3rd party applications resolving the issue at least until a software update rectifies the problem.

If you choose not to do a 3rd party application such as Handcent, please ensure your text is in fact going to the intended party prior to pressing send.

It is expected that this issue will be resolved in an upcoming software release. Customer devices will automatically be pushed the new software once it is available. At this time, there is no set date as to when this will occur.

0 Likes
jjw76

This happens to me as well.  It is NOT that anyone is replying to the wrong person.  This is happening 95 % of the time to me and I have a lot of texts every day.  It is VERY embarassing!!  It started out randomly and then every day and now all day, every day.  It is so bad that some people just ignore when they get a wrong message instead of asking me what I mean.

I have had Verizon since June and I am absolutely disgusted by the service - actually- NON service I have gotten.  I started out with bad reception/no reception, dropped calls, frozen sim card, phone shutting off, and the latest text messages randomly replying to whoever the phone chooses at the time.  I am on my 4th phone, all replaced by Best Buy.  The first two weeks I had Verizon, I spent over 15 hours physically in Best Buy trying to get service to my phone- or reception and not dropped calls.  I had to use a 3G phone for half of week 2 because my sim card was frozen with Verizon and a ticket was put in. 

At this point, a week ago I contacted Verizon and asked that I be let out of my contract and after speaking with a manager, the manager told me he would have someone from customer loyalty call me.  No one did.  This past Wednesday, 5 days later, I contacted Verizon again.  I was on the phone for over THREE hours, transferred to a total of SIX people that I had to go through my entire story with and even told by the third person up in the Customer Loyalty dept, that before they could think about letting me out and waiving the early termination fee, I had to agree to allow a technician to come to my house and troubleshoot my phone and also check the local network and towers.  I already explained that no one else with this phone or any other Verizon phone around me is having the same problems as me and a close relative has the exact phone, lives within a mile of me and travels similar roads as I do, even out of town, and does not have ANY of these issues.  I finally got person #6 and he said he was going to help me, apologized for everything that has happened to me, told me that the representative who told me that a technician  would come to my house was very incorrect and Verizon does not send ANYONE to your house.  He said he was emailing the people above him about my whole situation and all of the problems I have had and with Verizon Tech Support and Customer Service, as well as my call so they could hear how frustrated and upset I was.  I was told he would call me back this past Thursday morning at 11:30 am my time and at that point I could give him a different number to call me on so he could troubleshoot my phone.  After two months of all of this, even HE did NOT call me back!!!  I have wasted so many hours of my time and Verizon does not value me or respect me in the least bit of way.  There has been ZERO follow through on anyone's part and for some odd reason, Verizon still feels they are holding their end of the contract up and will NOT release me free of charge from my contract.  I am at the point where I do not even know who to turn to for help anymore except the Better Business Bureau.  In the past week alone, I have spent almost 5 hours on the phone with Verizon, in two phone calls.  None of my issues have been resolved and I want out and they are holding me hostage, actually my boyfriend because it was his existing account that I added onto. 

I hope you have better luck than me and that is the only issue you have.  I am purely disgusted and Verizon does not care one bit as it is clear to see as they cannot even follow through after 6 people and a three hour phone conversation last Wednesday evening.  How can I be held to a contract after 14 days when after over two months, I have not had quality service and zero issues resolved?  I have been told by Verizon because I still have used my phone and talked many minutes.  Yes, I have but it is also very well documented and I have a long list of people I can involve to prove all of the issues I have had.  I am begging for some direction here from anyone............

0 Likes
DroidM
Enthusiast - Level 2

Perosnaly i have been using  Google Voice for my Text Mesg and I have yet to experiance this problem. With GV thou keep in mind you will be given a sepret number and you need to make shore the people you are texting know to send Text mesg to that number. GV will also alow you to make phoen calls threw it's service but keep in mind you WILL use your mins on your phoen plan INCLUDING when you make Mobile to Mobile calls so it woudl be advised not top use the GV Phoen option to avoid a nast suprise. You can set it so that it will not make phoen calls but if sombudy calls the Google number your phoen will take the call. Also and this is what i love the most Text Mesage are FREE with GV. I know this dos ento solve all of the problesm and you do need to use a secoundary number for texting but it is a solution that worls until HTC can get an Update/Fix sent out wich shoudl be soem time soon (Althou we have heard that before).

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
This is a known error with Android phones. Google fixed it in one of the Gingerbread versions.

@DroidM
Please reread and spell check your posts before submitting them. The last couple of them have been really hard to read and understand.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes