HTC Thunderbolt upgrade issues
jsmacleod

Hi, Last night my phone showed a little green circle with a down arrow. This morning it was turned off. I turned it on and only the green HTC is shown. It stays on that screen. So, I took out the battery to start it again, and the same screen is shown. It has stayed at this scree for 4 hours now. How do I do a reset to get the upgrade to be started again. Could there have been a notification to ask if I wanted to run it now or later?  So now my much needed phone is worthless and I needed to call family while in the Big Northeast storm last night and today.

0 Likes
Re: HTC Thunderbolt upgrade issues
dragonkx
Enthusiast - Level 2

<Duplicate post deleted for crossposting violations per the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service.>

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
mfm14

I have the same problem! it would not turn on or off at this point and just is not doing anything!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi jsmacleod!

Trust me when I say you're going to love the Ice Cream Sandwich operating software update as soon as it's running properly on your phone. And that's exactly what I'm here to make sure happens. Based on your description of things, it seems as though the update was disrupted midway through (this can be a result of a poor data or Wi-Fi connection at the time).

Now, I want to thank you for all of the troubleshooting that you've attempted thus far. At this point, there are a few different things we can try. First, go to settings > software update > status to resume. If unable to resume, you will have to process a master reset and then you can run the software update http://vz.to/rlYXKN . I hope this helps.

EvanO_VZW
VZW Support
Follow Us On Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
becca327

upgrade was done to my phone without asking me if I wanted it after upgard was done my screen is black when I touch power button it lights up briefly only not long enough to do anything with phone to phone to store and was told it was no good a week later my husbands phone runs same upgrade without asking his works fine

problem is I can not reset as can not get into settings with no lit screen do not know where to use paperclip to do this also can not do reset with phone off as you can not see screen

help me please

0 Likes
bhflynn

I ABSOLUTELY HATE the "new and improved" ice cream!  I am unable to turn my gps on and off as before, I am unable to find where to turn off notifications, when I log onto a facebook account, it leaves a footprint of where I am (which I DO NOT LIKE as I am out of town quite a bit), I also don't like the fact that I was forced into the update and had ZERO choice if I wanted to accept it or not.  This is the reason that I will not be renewing my contract as soon as it's up.  Bad move!!!!!

0 Likes
sumner

Absolutely HATE this upgrade!

It is not better, and I should have had the choice.

I thought it was a standard upgrade like app, so I clicked okay, didn't know I would never have option to go back.

Please push back out the downgrade!

Microsoft Exchange looks totally different and I hate it, I do not want to see my preview of email messages.

We should have option to choose old look and feel.

0 Likes