HTC Thunderbolt - won't sync email over wireless since ICS. Only 4G. why?
BirdOnTheDrums

HTC Thunderbolt - won't sync email over wireless since ICS. Only syncs over 4G. Never had a problem before.

Anyone?

Anyone?

0 Likes
Re: HTC Thunderbolt - won't sync email over wireless since ICS. Only 4G. why?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

There might be a sync settings issue or how the email account is setup on the phone.

My two email in the Mail application work on wifi, 4G and 3G for me.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
chris_k1
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm guessing the problem stems from the fact that the HTC TB running ICS is powered entirely by gremlins.  The gremlins in Ann154's TB are generally cooperative.  The gremlins in mine (and most other folks') are much more temperamental. 

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I had my share of issues with my Tbolt. I have managed to work though or around the problem without complaining that the phone is problematic.

Namely I have always had a problem from day one with my MSN email address and the Tbolt. I used the POP3 settings and I could see my emails, but it would load the oldest emails from eight years ago even though I had set it for the last thirty days. I first worked around it by loading all the emails. Eventually I didn't care to have that account on the phone, so for close to a year I removed and kept it off the phone. Then I got a Galaxy Nexus and discovered the Nexus connected both my Hotmail and MSN account as exchange accounts. So I tried the exchange settings on the Tbolt. Guess what, it worked!

The only issues I had were the reboot bug early on and I needed to clear the cache after the ICS update. I went through factory resets shortly before the Gingerbread update and one afterwards by choice and to start clean with the phone.

If you aren't willing to do the troubleshooting,why bother having a smartphone?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
chris_k1
Enthusiast - Level 3

That's kind of a snarky reply. I've dome the troubleshooting. I've done the factory resets. I've cleared the caches. I've done it.

The TB on gingerbread would misdirect text messages. That's not a glitch fixed with clearing the cache. That's a flaw with the phone. It was unable to transition between 3G and 4G without a radio restart. I could go on. Have you not seen the problems countless people have been having after ICS? The phones are being rendered just better than inoperable. If all you're going to do is be smug that you got luckier than most, you're not adding anything to the conversation.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4GLTE smartphone

0 Likes