HTC Transfer from Device to PC?
jb929

I have tried repeatedly, including a trip to my Verizon dealer, to get my phone setup so that I can transfer photos, old e-mails, etc. off the phone....disastrous results and the online help is useless.  any ideas on how to get the usb tether/device/PC all lined up so I can move the stuff....it was so easy with my Blackberry!

0 Likes
Re: HTC Transfer from Device to PC?
lemew
Contributor - Level 3

Menu, settings, connect to pc, default connection, (you may like to try disk drive) select your preferred method here. Disk drive will allow you to move media from your card to your pc. You may also remove your sd card by in mounting it first from your phone and then inserting it into a card reader, if available, on your pc. I am not sure about the email transfers.

0 Likes
Re: HTC Transfer from Device to PC?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi there Jb929,

Transferring your information to a computer for safe keeping is a great idea.  It's definitely not good that we haven't been successful together so far!  I will be delighted to provide some additional steps to help out.

Regarding your emails, they're already backed up by your email server. The emails you see on your phone are simply a copy of the original email. If you need to make backups of these emails I would recommend logging into your actual email and ensure they're saving.

For your photos, follow this link:
http://support.verizonwireless.com/clc/devices/knowledge_base.html?id=52387

Do the first part and then choose the "from the device to the computer" option.  If you don't use a 3rd Party camera application the photos are generally saved under the DCIM folder. If you do use a 3rd party application then there is most likely a folder with the application name.

I hope this helps!  Keep us posted.

Thanks,

MelissaM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes