HTC rhyme automatically deletes emails in my inbox after 3 days...
comexwhatxmay
Enthusiast - Level 1

When I get emails in my inboxes and read them and don't delete them, I intend to keep them until I want to delete them. However, all emails automatically get deleted after 3 days. I've looked through all the settings and I can't figure out how to fix it so that only I can delete them-they can't be automatically deleted. Does someone know how to fix this?? Thanks in advance!

0 Likes
Re: HTC rhyme automatically deletes emails in my inbox after 3 days...
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Are the emails truly deleted or are they not synced with the device? I would suggest checking your email account through a computer to verify. Please post back with additional information so the users of this community can give further suggestions.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
comexwhatxmay
Enthusiast - Level 1

What do you mean by that? I recieve my emails both on my phone and on the computer. It doesn't matter if I look at them on my computer during those 3 days or not- after 3 days, they disappear. (They don't disappear on my computer though, regardless of whether or not I looked at them on a computer during those 3 days.)

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The email application can be set up to sync or display only three days worth of emails. The emails are still on the server.

You will need to check the sync settings within the email application for what your phone is set to and how you can change it.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
comexwhatxmay
Enthusiast - Level 1

So...are you saying that HTC Rhymes can only save 3 days worth of emails?! That's ridiculous! I should be able to save my emails for as long as I want...

Also, I don't know how to get to the sync settings within the email application...etc. I've only had a smartphone for about 2 weeks and I still don't really understand what's going on. I've looked at every single setting I could find so far.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can change how long it syncs. Check your email application settings.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can usually find the options/settings by pressing the menu button within the application.

Have you downloaded the full user manual yet and look through it?

0 Likes
comexwhatxmay
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've read the whole manual and it doesn't say anything about this. I've gone through all of the settings and I can't find it. Do you have an HTC Rhyme or are you just replying generally? Just curious.

0 Likes
21stNow
Master - Level 1

We need more information from you on what you are using.  What type of email account (Outlook, GMail, Yahoo, etc.) is it that you have questions about?  Which email app are you using to check your email?  It doesn't sound like you are using an app from the Play Store, so I will answer assuming that you are using stock apps (ones that came on the phone out of the box).  I don't have the Rhyme, but I have other HTC phones.

For an Exchange account, go into the email app>menu>settings>sync, send & receive>sync settings>download past email.  This defaults to 3 days.  You can change it to time periods varying from 1-30 days and "All", which is what it sounds like you would prefer.

For GMail, go into the GMail app>menu>settings>select your email address>data usage>days of mail to sync and choose the number of days that you want to sync.

The settings will depend on your answers to the questions in my first paragraph.  Let us know if you have more questions or are using a different type of email on your phone.

0 Likes