Re: HTC weather location fix for HTC Rezound ?
TJMOOCH
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm having a similar problem.

Except that I've had this phone for over a year & it's worked flawlessly - until I traveled outside the country (It worked fine while outside the country, too!) & after returning, the HTC weather clock now says "Current Location", and is always incorrect.

I've tried clearing the data & cache for "HTC Location Service", "Weather", "Clock Widget", "HTC Sense", "HTC weather sync provider", "Network Location", "Weather", "Weather Provider", and "Weather Widget". I've rebooted the phone, removed the battery.

I have "Standalone GPS Services" and "Google Location Services", and I've tried enabling the "Verizon Location Services", which previously was always off.

None of this seems to have made any difference.

Am I missing something? I really don't want to have to factory-reset it....

0 Likes
TJMOOCH
Enthusiast - Level 2

BTW: the Google Maps app pinpoints my location within 30 seconds, and tracks my location correctly.

0 Likes
TJMOOCH
Enthusiast - Level 2

I fixed this on mine.. Finally!

- downloaded "GPS Status & Toolbox" from the google play store, went to tools --> "Manage A-GPS state", and hit "Reset".

- shut down the phone, removed the battery for 5 minutes and then restarted.

At this point the Weather app is behaving like it used to!

Hope this helps..

Kenshin
Enthusiast - Level 1

I got the same problem + time also

Try to clear data on app that related to location, turn it off, remove battery, and put the battery back on.

Turn it on, work fine for me

(I missed one flight since I forgot to check the time at the airport and used my cellphone as my watch )

TJMOOCH solution is the good one also, since you don't have to look all apps like I did.

0 Likes