Has anyone been having issues with their One Max after the Sense 6.0 update? And, if so, what kind of issues?
boomerang503
Enthusiast - Level 3

Ok, since the Sense 6.0 update, I keep getting one of 2 messages. The first, says that they are having issues activating my phone. The other says that my sim card is already activated.

My girlfriends One Max, resets her contact ringtones to the default one after each reset.

I have also heard of other issues ranging from contacts disappearing, to battery drain and wi-fi issues.

0 Likes
Re: Has anyone been having issues with their One Max after the Sense 6.0 update? And, if so, what kind of issues?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We certainly want to see you and your girlfriend enjoying the update to your phone, Boomerang_503. When do you see those error messages pop up on your phone? Have you tried turning off the phone and taking the SIM out for 30 seconds to refresh? As for your girlfriend's One Max, what type of reset is she completing when her ringtones disappear? Where the ringtones downloaded from a particular application or created using the tones on the phone?

JenniferH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes
Re: Has anyone been having issues with their One Max after the Sense 6.0 update? And, if so, what kind of issues?
FLABMANIA

My one max was the best device I've ever owned until the new update. The phone freezes constantly while typing or scrolling on the web and the ringtones sometimes reset on reboot. Old text messages from days ago appear on lock screen instead of the new one that just came in. Opening a text from lock screen some times takes you to conversation list rather than the conversation you selected. Honestly I hate this phone now and it's a real shame.

0 Likes
boomerang503
Enthusiast - Level 3

They are almost totally random. They mainly appeared when I was receiving a call. she is just doing a soft reset. When the Sense 6.0 update rolled out, it changed my girlfriends ringtones back to stock instead of the mp3 that she had set.

My one max  was a much loved device and the first HTC phone i have owned in years. (last was the droid incredible) But, the errors became more and more common, and forced me to edge up into a new phone. (LG g3 as of yesterday)

As for troubleshooting my one max while i had it. yes, i tried taking the sim card out for 30 seconds, i had the sim card replaced.....I had the phone checked out and nothing was wrong with the phone itself that the techs could find.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

FLABMANIA I definitely want you to fall in love with your phone again! I don't know any other piece of technology that is so entwined in our lives as the cellphone, so you definitely want to have something that you love! You stated this started after the recent software update. Have you tried resetting the apps with the issues? (Settings>Apps>All tab) You can reset by either uninstalling and reinstalling, or also clearing the Cache and Data. Try those resets with any app that is giving you issues, and then test it out again. Let's us know your progress!

SandyS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes