Having trouble with the gingerbread update
mchandler3
I started the update and for some reason it failed, now when I try to update it says there is no update available. and under status it says code 412
0 Likes
Re: Having trouble with the gingerbread update
BustaCap
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same thing was happening to me, but I found out what the issue was:  I've JuceDefender (a battery management app).  It was interfering with the download when it went into power-saving mode (it stops/lessens a lot of the phone's functionality when the phone 'sleeps). 

I disabled JuiceDefender and was able to get a prompt to download...I was able to get the full download and have just installed GB.

0 Likes
AnthonyTa_VZW
Verizon Employee

Thanks for the suggestion BustaCap!

I understand the importance of updating your devices software mchandler3!

Have you had a chance to try what BustaCap suggested?  If so, how did the update work out for you?

Please let us know!

0 Likes
RobB772
Contributor - Level 3

You could also try pulling the battery, sliding out the SIM card, waiting 30 seconds then reseat SIM, replace battery, power up and manually check for software update (home/menu/settings/software update/check new

0 Likes
NotoriousBILL

RobB772 wrote:

You could also try pulling the battery, sliding out the SIM card, waiting 30 seconds then reseat SIM, replace battery, power up and manually check for software update (home/menu/settings/software update/check new

This didn't work for me......

0 Likes
RobB772
Contributor - Level 3

NotoriousBILL wrote:

RobB772 wrote:

NotoriousBILL

Did you get the GB update that was pulled (2.11.605.3)? or is this your first "attempt" at GB update to 2.11.605.5?

If you got the first GB push where Verizon pulled the OTA because of bugs you might need to get a Verizon HTC technician involved to help (either at corporate verizon store with onsite technician or possibly escalating a call to technical support calling *611). 

0 Likes
NotoriousBILL

RobB772 wrote:

NotoriousBILL wrote:

RobB772 wrote:

NotoriousBILL

Did you get the GB update that was pulled (2.11.605.3)? or is this your first "attempt" at GB update to 2.11.605.5?

If you got the first GB push where Verizon pulled the OTA because of bugs you might need to get a Verizon HTC technician involved to help (either at corporate verizon store with onsite technician or possibly escalating a call to technical support calling *611). 

No

0 Likes
RobB772
Contributor - Level 3

NotoriousBILL wrote:

RobB772 wrote:

NotoriousBILL wrote:

RobB772 wrote:

NotoriousBILL

If you got the first GB push where Verizon pulled the OTA because of bugs you might need to get a Verizon HTC technician involved to help (either at corporate Verizon store with onsite technician or possibly escalating a call to technical support calling *611). 

No

??? your "No" is for Did you get the GB update that was pulled (2.11.605.3)? or  is this your first "attempt" at GB update to 2.11.605.5? 

Maybe you can ask a Verizon technician to flash a RUU (ROM Update Utility) for you at an onsite service center. I don't think they would be amenable to providing you with a PG05IMG.zip and MD5.  Only drawback to this would be your phone would be "factory reset" (wiped) during the process. I can't see why Verizon wouldn't pursue this option before CLNR is done, could be just a bad SW load and installing a fresh, MD5 verified package could resolve the problem a lot of users seem to be experiencing.

0 Likes
NotoriousBILL

RobB772 wrote:

NotoriousBILL wrote:

RobB772 wrote:

NotoriousBILL wrote:

RobB772 wrote:

NotoriousBILL

If you got the first GB push where Verizon pulled the OTA because of bugs you might need to get a Verizon HTC technician involved to help (either at corporate Verizon store with onsite technician or possibly escalating a call to technical support calling *611). 

No

??? your "No" is for Did you get the GB update that was pulled (2.11.605.3)? or  is this your first "attempt" at GB update to 2.11.605.5? 

Maybe you can ask a Verizon technician to flash a RUU (ROM Update Utility) for you at an onsite service center. I don't think they would be amenable to providing you with a PG05IMG.zip and MD5.  Only drawback to this would be your phone would be "factory reset" (wiped) during the process. I can't see why Verizon wouldn't pursue this option before CLNR is done, could be just a bad SW load and installing a fresh, MD5 verified package could resolve the problem a lot of users seem to be experiencing.

Sorry about that, it deleted the text following the No...  I never received the initial GB update. 

I took the phone to the local Vz store and they wiped it and "tried" to install the update.  It installed the same version as I currently have (2.2.1).  The Vz store offered to repalce my phone with another TB but could not guarantee if it will have the update orr not.  They recommended I keep my phone since it was in such good condiition....

I called HTC and they said it may take another 2-3 weeks before all TBs are updated.  After that, they said to call back. 

0 Likes
RobB772
Contributor - Level 3

NotoriousBILL wrote:

Sorry about that, it deleted the text following the No...  I never received the initial GB update. 

I took the phone to the local Vz store and they wiped it and "tried" to install the update.  It installed the same version as I currently have (2.2.1).  The Vz store offered to repalce my phone with another TB but could not guarantee if it will have the update orr not.  They recommended I keep my phone since it was in such good condiition....

I called HTC and they said it may take another 2-3 weeks before all TBs are updated.  After that, they said to call back. 

NotoriousBILL,

Sounds like the tech at verizon only did a factory reset which only reloads the current "factory loaded" software:smileysad:. What I was suggesting was asking (telling) them to install the latest RUU (Gingerbread 2.3.4; Software version 2.11.605.5). If he in fact had done this you would have the newest version available to the Verizon HTC Thunderbolt and if he was attempting to install the latest and it failed I for one would get the replacement (if tech service can't force flash the phone it probably will never see the OTA push either).

As your phone probably has been factory reset you could use the "google is your friend" approach to find the "official, stock, unrooted 

0 Likes