Home screen weather shows wrong city
RobB772
Contributor - Level 3

Does anyone know how to get the home page to display the weather for the correct city? I live in Rochester NY and it shows temp and conditions for Northwestern Comanche?  Verizon and Google location service are both active (checked). I can get it to show Rochester as city#2 but then I can't delete Northwest Comanche ( I believe that's in Oklahoma ) but it will allow me to delete where I am actually located (Rochester) Is there a way to get the gps to know it's not in Oklahoma?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Home screen weather shows wrong city
RobB772
Contributor - Level 3

Verizon tech service uninstalled the weather app, downloaded Weatherbug (free) from the market and I now have the weather for Rochester (temp in notification bar and other views when opened fron the notification. I'm happy (so far)

View solution in original post

0 Likes
my3chis

My Incredible does that all the time.  I was hoping the ThunderBolt wouldn't do the same thing.

0 Likes
Silverado1978

Mine is doing the same. It says im in houston tx. Um no buffalo

0 Likes
pjmosqu
Mine is doing this too, though its a little closer to where I actually am...in the same state least. Also, the weather is way off, its dark and cool outside and my phones telling me is 83 degrees out there. Pretty annoying.
0 Likes
alfieferenzo84

Welcome to android lol

0 Likes
RobB772
Contributor - Level 3

Verizon tech service uninstalled the weather app, downloaded Weatherbug (free) from the market and I now have the weather for Rochester (temp in notification bar and other views when opened fron the notification. I'm happy (so far)

0 Likes
AndyC812

Yeah, but does WeatherBug show up on the cool HTC Sense home page?

0 Likes
jtbrucato

Mine was showing I was in India a few times, I live in Florida, no where near my neighborhood. I just installed Beautiful Widgets. I like how this App looks better anyway, and it is highly cutomizable. I bought this paid app back when I had my Moto Droid 1, and have used it on my INC my X and now my T-Bolt.

0 Likes
dmruser
Enthusiast - Level 3

Today mine has been saying Sarajevo!  Usually it says New York - and I live in Colorado. 

I am not going to pay for an app.  I expect...this phone to work even as a "proof of concept".  If it can't get my location correctly for just the clock/weather widge, what else is it failing to geo-locate?

0 Likes
FormerNavy

I'm wondering how they uninstalled this as I thought it was part of their Bloatware that couldn't be removed.  I'd love to be able to remove some other bloatware. : )

0 Likes