Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: Early next week, we’ll be merging the current Fios and Wireless Communities into the all new Verizon Community! Beginning the evening of Sunday 12/4, both Communities will be placed in read-only mode. You’ll still be able to visit the Communities and browse content, but login will be disabled. On the afternoon of Monday 12/5, all users will be able to log into the new Verizon Community. We expect the new Community to be fully functional the morning of Friday 12/9. Additional details can be found in the Announcements board and under Featured Topics!
Home screen weather shows wrong city
RobB772
Novice

Does anyone know how to get the home page to display the weather for the correct city? I live in Rochester NY and it shows temp and conditions for Northwestern Comanche?  Verizon and Google location service are both active (checked). I can get it to show Rochester as city#2 but then I can't delete Northwest Comanche ( I believe that's in Oklahoma ) but it will allow me to delete where I am actually located (Rochester) Is there a way to get the gps to know it's not in Oklahoma?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: Home screen weather shows wrong city
RobB772
Novice

Verizon tech service uninstalled the weather app, downloaded Weatherbug (free) from the market and I now have the weather for Rochester (temp in notification bar and other views when opened fron the notification. I'm happy (so far)

View solution in original post

0 Likes
my3chis

My Incredible does that all the time.  I was hoping the ThunderBolt wouldn't do the same thing.

0 Likes
Silverado1978

Mine is doing the same. It says im in houston tx. Um no buffalo

0 Likes
pjmosqu
Mine is doing this too, though its a little closer to where I actually am...in the same state least. Also, the weather is way off, its dark and cool outside and my phones telling me is 83 degrees out there. Pretty annoying.
0 Likes
alfieferenzo84

Welcome to android lol

0 Likes
RobB772
Novice

Verizon tech service uninstalled the weather app, downloaded Weatherbug (free) from the market and I now have the weather for Rochester (temp in notification bar and other views when opened fron the notification. I'm happy (so far)

0 Likes
AndyC812

Yeah, but does WeatherBug show up on the cool HTC Sense home page?

0 Likes
jtbrucato

Mine was showing I was in India a few times, I live in Florida, no where near my neighborhood. I just installed Beautiful Widgets. I like how this App looks better anyway, and it is highly cutomizable. I bought this paid app back when I had my Moto Droid 1, and have used it on my INC my X and now my T-Bolt.

0 Likes
dmruser

Today mine has been saying Sarajevo!  Usually it says New York - and I live in Colorado. 

I am not going to pay for an app.  I expect...this phone to work even as a "proof of concept".  If it can't get my location correctly for just the clock/weather widge, what else is it failing to geo-locate?

0 Likes
FormerNavy

I'm wondering how they uninstalled this as I thought it was part of their Bloatware that couldn't be removed.  I'd love to be able to remove some other bloatware. : )

0 Likes