Horrible update...now I have lag and apps are slow loading
pjl4117

I've had my Thunderbolt for about 4 to 5 months now and my experience with it has not been the best. Seeing as how it is my first ever smartphone, I do love what it CAN do, but sometimes the difficulties make it hard to enjoy. 

The battery life was and is never acceptable, unless I'm on my home Wi-Fi network which I can manage to get at least 8 to 10 hours from it with auto-sync off for most of the time. But when on Verizon's networks, it doesn't matter if I set the brightness all the way down, switch to 3G, make sure BlueTooth is off, etc. It just does not help. The phone runs hot no matter what.

I have only had two random reboots so far and have not had any since the update. *Knock on wood*

The phone does seem to take longer to boot but the new bootscreen is an improvement over the frozen blue-gray clouds.

However, not only did this update render the leaked skype useless, but now my phone has started lagging horribly without using processor-intensive apps. More increasingly, my phone has trouble doing basic things. Sending a text message is painfully slow to type at times, and some of my apps take a while to load when I open them. All I see is a black screen.  Just this moment, I can't seem to get the stock Android browser to load from the same "black screen" but the notification bar remains active and "fluid". This never happened before the update.

I thought this thing had a newer generation 1GHZ Snapdragon processor with over half a gig of RAM. Is anyone else experiencing similar issues to the lag? Any solutions? I'm really trying to avoid a hard reset but I'm probably left with no choice but to try it.

0 Likes
Re: Horrible update...now I have lag and apps are slow loading
ArnettH_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello pjl4117,

Thank you for sharing your concerns with your device. I'm honored that you are happy with what the HTC Thunderbolt can do! As you stated there are some opportunities that you are experiencing & I would love to address them. May I have you send me a private message with your mobile number and contact number so I can provide an acceptable solution for you. When sending a private message, may I also ask that you refer to this message so I can expedite the process.

I'm looking forward to hearing from you.

0 Likes
cod1234

I am having the same exact problems. I am currently on my 3rd Thunderbolt and the lag is always the same. When I go to make a call there can be a 5-10 second lag before the call shows up on my screen. Typing is horrible-I get the black screen and/or typing is painfully slow and the keyboard seems as though it is not responding. Also, I have to press on apps several times before they open. I am so frustrated with this phone and it is definately not what verizon or HTC claimed it would be. I wish there was a solution.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Have you tried System Panel to see if you may have a stray app that is using more resources than it should?  Check it out ar https://market.android.com/details?id=nextapp.systempanel&feature=search_result

Also when you did update did you hard reset before update or just installed over a preconfigured device?  Some settings from old apps and OS seems to cause issues with devices from time to time and I try to reset before any major update to minimize issues.

0 Likes