Horrid 4G Network!!
No1ZZTopfan
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have posted something similar to this before and (as expected) got no response of any kind. Plane and simple...what is up with the 4G network?

For nearly 3 weeks now, it has been the worst. I used to have full bars with no problems whatsoever. Now, I barely maintain 2 bars in 4G status. If I use any app that requires using the network, the 4G drops completely and I have 1, maybe 2 bars. Not even 3G shows up on the indicator. Totally ridiculous. If I had the money, I would drop Verizon completely.

Yes, I have run the gauntlet of calling tech support, going to a nearby store and having the phone itself checked, getting a replacement phone, everything. Nothing worked.

Re: Horrid 4G Network!!
JRAHNBO2
Contributor - Level 2

What's really left to discuss on the public forums of mostly end users about this issue?  Some of us have satisfactory performance and others, like you and I, are not satisfied with the Thunderbolt/Verizon 4G experience.  I for one am tired of having the slowest smart phone any place I am and dropping from very fast 4G connection to no connection at all without moving the phone one single inch.  I've been in rooms full of people with different providers and phones where we all tried to pull up the same page at the same time and my Thunderbolt always comes in last if it can even maintain a connection.  I've driven around town with my Thunderbolt and an AT&T Nitro side by side and the Nitro simply smokes the Thunderbolt in every single test and doesn't drop 4G connections where the Thunderbolt might do it every 2 or 3 minutes.  What's left to do? Probably what most people will do and vote with their feet and not return to Verizon.

big_E_
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've had the same problem and just ran across this change posted by another user.

"What do you have set in menu, settings, wireless & networks, mobile network, network mode? Should be lte/ cdma Also do not have menu, settings, power, power efficiency checked."

This worked for me!! 4G

ladonnalr
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you so much!! I have not had 4G at all and now, with the advice in your post, it seems to be working!!! My settings were all wrong!

thank you!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello JRAHNBO2,

As a fellow smartphone user, I can certainly understand the importance of staying connected at all times! I want to investigate the data connectivity in your area! May I ask what city, state, and zip code are you in? Also, please provide the software, baseband, and kernel version on your device. If needed, we can escalate this issue for you to get it resolved so you can enjoy the wireless service that you have been used to getting in the past.

Thank you...

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
JRAHNBO2
Contributor - Level 2

That would be cool. I'm mainly in Orlando, FL and most frequently use the phone in zip codes 32808, 32714, and 32801 with the same issue in each location.

Software: Android 2.3.4 Sense 2.1 Software#2.11.605.19 710RD

Baseband: 1.49.00.0406w_1, 0.01.79.0331w_1

Kernel version: 2.6.35.10-g8b7aeb7 htc-kernel@and18-2 #1

0 Likes
yatman
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm  having similiar related 4G issues with my T-bolt and it seems to coincide with the last update. My situation is that I see 3 or 4 bars, I'll see the 4G indicator, then when I launch Facebook. youtube, the browser, etc, I'll immediately lose the 4G connection more times than not. The bars will still be around 3 or 4 but the 4G indicator disappears and it's not replaced with the 3G indicator either. I lose ALL data connectivity.

It's to the point where I can't rely on my phone to even use Pandora or play a game or anything without concern of losing the connection.

VERY frustrating and annoying. I used to be laughing when my friends on other networks were so much slower. Now they're laughing when i can't even connect. Verizon's network used to be their selling point now i have to wonder if there's anything keeping me here anymore.

TBoltOwner
Contributor - Level 1

Isn't it great that Customer Support seems to disappear just as quickly as the 3G/4G connection!

JRAHNBO2
Contributor - Level 2

I answered your questions 2 months ago an nobody ever got back to me.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Jrahnbo2,

Sorry about the delay in our response. I know how important it is to be connected to the internet on your phone so I will definitely assist you with this. Please reset the APN (Access Point Names) to improve your connection. Follow these steps.
Settings > Wireless and networks > Mobile networks > Access point names > Menu key > Reset defaults.

Thank you,

NidiaA_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes