HotSpot on my new HTC Thunderbolt
elrodha

Im not sure if it my lack of smartphone or tech knowledge, or if it is my phone or computer, but I cannot seem to get my computer to connect or recognize my hotspot signal. I am NOT tech savy, so I really need a detailed step by step answer. I think it is my computer (PC) because my sisters laptop can access just fine.

Also, forgive me if this sounds like a dumb question its my first smartphone, but is it possible to use internet on the phone while the hotspot is active? Im wanting to use Pandora when Im out of cellphone signal range.

All help is welcomed and very appreciated. 

0 Likes
Re: HotSpot on my new HTC Thunderbolt
budone
Legend

Have you opened the app and checkmarked it to be on???

Have you opened your network connections on your PC and chosen the hotspot?

Have you entered the passcode to access the hotspot?? PASSCODE IS 0123456789

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
The passcode can be changed if you opened the hotspot settings before turning the hotspot itself on.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
Here is some additional information about setting up the hotspot on the Thunderbolt.

http://community.vzw.com/t5/ThunderBolt-by-HTC/How-do-you-setup-the-Mobile-Hotspot/m-p/500584/highli...

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Not applicable

elrodha, 

Let us know if Ann's steps and link worked for you. I would also suggest rebooting both the phone and the computer since just your computer was having the issue. If you have a wireless on/off switch or button on your computer, make sure that is turned on. 

0 Likes