Hotmail email won't sync or download my emails
LargoDiva

I upgraded to an HTC Rezound phone a couple of months ago, but I have had nothing but problems with my hotmail account. Most recently, it will not download or sync any of my emails from my inbox when I go to check messages on my phone. This is VERY aggravating and I don't know what to do to correct the problem. Does anyone have any solutions?

0 Likes
Re: Hotmail email won't sync or download my emails
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you tried to remove and re-add the account?  How are you adding the account to the phone? As a "Hotmail/Live", "Other" or "Exchange" account?  The Other account will allow you to manually add the server settings so you can verify you are using the correct settings.  The Exchange account option will let you get push notifications for your emails.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
LargoDiva

I added the account when I first bought the phone but I don't remember how I added it. I will try what you suggested and see how it works. Thanks much!

Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2012 14:31:23 -0600

To: (Edited customer personal information) Subject: Re: Hotmail email won't sync or download my emails - Re: Hotmail email won't sync or download my emails

created by Ann154 in HTC Rezound - View the full discussion

Have you tried to remove and re-add the account?  How are you adding the account to the phone? As a "Hotmail/Live", "Other" or "Exchange" account?  The Other account will allow you to manually add the server settings so you can verify you are using the correct settings.  The Exchange account option will let you get push notifications for your emails.

Reply to this message by replying to this email -or- go to the message on Verizon Wireless Community

Start a new discussion in HTC Rezound by email or at Verizon Wireless Community

© 2011 Verizon Wireless

Verizon Wireless | One Verizon Way | Mail Code: 180WVB | Basking Ridge, NJ 07920

We respect your privacy.  Please review our privacy policy for more information.

Not interested in these emails anymore, or want to change how often they come? Update your email preferences.

Message was edited by: Community Coordinator

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It sounds as though the email settings may not be set up properly.
Once the email account has been deleted
http://bit.ly/N5c9N3, you should re-add it to the Rezound http://bit.ly/OLsOa1 in order to make sure the settings are correct so you can receive emails.

Please let us know how this works for you.

Tamara H.
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
LargoDiva

Tamara,I ended up deleting the email account and re-adding it, and now it's working just fine. Thanks for the follow-up

<Posted edited for privacy. When replying by email, please do not include the original email text to prevent the email headers from being exposed on this public forum.>

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
Comedie

Yes, I've had the same issues. Have deleted and re-added my hotmail account multiple times. Would start off OK sometimes, and then stop getting the hotmail notes again.

If you go into the Play Store, there is a Hotmail app. That's what I am using now, and it seems to work fine.

It sounds like the reason behind all this is that Microsoft has been changing their server names. This may be related to their migration away from Hotmail to Outlook, or simply that they are partitioning up hotmail accounts across multiple servers.

The other way to get the hotmail acct to synch would be to point to the server your acct is assigned to when defining the acct to Android.

I thought it easier to simply put in the Hotmail app from the Play Store,,,, and it seems to be working fine so far.

0 Likes
sonofsmog
Enthusiast - Level 2

The problem is here:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windowslive/forum/hotmail-sync/hotmail-sync-eas-broken-on-mobile-...

Apparently it's part of Microsoft's Outlook re-branding effort. I have read Google's response to this issue and they say that e-mail integration is the responsibility of OEM's. So it's up to Motorola and Verizon to get a fix running for my Droid RAZR.

0 Likes
sonofsmog
Enthusiast - Level 2

Removing and re-adding the account will not work for long. Once Microsoft's DNS servers re-direct you to an updated hotmail server your e-mail will fail to work once again. Eventually ALL of Microsoft's hotmail servers will be upgraded and your phone will fail to work with any of them.

0 Likes
Comedie

again... try to download and install the Hotmail app. In the app store it is called 'Hotmail + SEVEN' . That's the official MS app, and it fixed the problem for me anyway

0 Likes
sonofsmog
Enthusiast - Level 2

The Hotmail App from Microsoft and Seven is more of a workaround then a fix since it is not integrated into the messaging application of the phone.

0 Likes